No Man's Sky

Caporegime
I know you weren't referring to trophies. I was just saying they will provide some kind of objective because the main game won't.

The ultimate objective of the game of to get to the centre of the universe, the dev said that in the video. However, he also said after that point you can still play on if you want to.

Associate
I wouldnt say ED and NoManSky are competitors really. NoManSky is really more about the tech and algorithms that drives the game, that’s what interests me anyway, and the fact it looks awesome. ED has definitely snuck on up me though. Will be having a look once I get my PC back!

Soldato
Well the lack of objectives beyond grinding in ED are exacerbated by the fact you spend most of your time doing inane things like watching hyperspace or coasting towards a station. At least from the NMS footage I've seen jumping between places is near instant and space -> planetary transition is more or less seamless (obviously the scale is all weird to stop the tedium of actual astronomical distances involved).

Soldato
Mmm just watching footage of this again, really looking forward to it. Just the simple fact of being able to plunge into the atmosphere of all these places and see the terrain, flora, fauna etc, instead of just a different coloured sphere.

Soldato
Everything else is slipping into next year, why not this too? Sony have said they're treating it like a first-party release though so at least it should be well-supported/promoted.

Associate
I played GRAV this week as it was on offer. I reckon it offers something of the feel of No Man's Sky, but in a smaller sandbox. However it's pretty buggy and seems to lack persistence after death, which in a game encouraging you to invest time in building structures is a major turn-off. NMS looks like the real deal however, but we wont know if there is a 'game' in there until release I reckon.

Associate
This is definitely one of those games where I'd prefer to wait a bit longer for them to get its absolutely perfect.

Soldato
Ign are featuring no man's sky as their first of July game this coming Monday (the 6th)

From neogaf..

Originally Posted by Ryan_IGN
I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm here. We are stoked too. :)

Coverage begins on Monday, July 6 (first Monday of the month, as usual for IGN First) at 9am PT. That Monday piece will be 20 minutes of straight uninterrupted gameplay with Sean Murray serving as our tour guide

Hopefully with a release date too! Hyped!

Soldato
I'm a bit cautious on this one, I feel it could end up for me like Elite Dangerous did, once I was over the initial awe from how big it was and the aesthetics I suddenly realised how shallow it was and ended up playing for about a month before I was bored of it.
I think the phrase is an ocean 10000 miles wide and one inch deep.

Soldato
I'm a bit cautious on this one, I feel it could end up for me like Elite Dangerous did, once I was over the initial awe from how big it was and the aesthetics I suddenly realised how shallow it was and ended up playing for about a month before I was bored of it.

Indeed... well, this 20 minutes of interrupted gameplay video should give you a good indication of whether the game is for you, or not I guess.

I'm buying it regardless. I love the thought of jumping into a ship and just exploring the stars. I'm not fussed about story, or quests etc etc.. :D

Caporegime
I think it will have a few activities/mechanics but how they ensure they feel interesting after the first few worlds you discover will be utmost important. I really hope meeting/interacting with people is as unique as it was in something like Journey, where your first thought isnt to kill them.

Im interested in this game much like how Spore was initially marketed - Im likely to buy it on the strength of being able to spot a star and visit it and land seamlessly on an orbiting planet and just explore.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I really hope meeting/interacting with people is as unique as it was in something like Journey

There really isn't any meeting or interacting with npcs as far as I'm aware. You can destroy other ships like traders and pirates. But there's no interacting with them like speech or text unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom