No Man's Sky

Caporegime
You can meet other players (well weve been told we can), though unsure if you can communicate - yeah I dont think any npcs explorers exist.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Didn't he say it's unlikely you will? The galaxy is so vast that meeting anyone else will be only a minute chance?

indeed. in regards to meeting another human player, the chances are very very slim. even when you do, you might not even know its a human player. you might just think its an AI ship.

i don't even think you get a chat or text box to communicate with them either.

this game isn't intended as a multiplayer experience, despite the world sharing the same galaxy.

Caporegime
Didn't he say it's unlikely you will? The galaxy is so vast that meeting anyone else will be only a minute chance?
For the fact you can means Ill try :p. Thats kinda my point and likely Hello Games point for making it a singular galaxy. Im sure you would if it meant a Platinum trophy ;)

indeed. in regards to meeting another human player, the chances are very very slim. even when you do, you might not even know its a human player. you might just think its an AI ship.

this game isn't intended as a multiplayer experience, despite the world sharing the same galaxy.
I really hope they make it obvious its another person and that some form of communication is possible

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
I would like to be able to see if its another human. If the chance of it happening is so small it would make the experience all the more special :D

Caporegime

it would be such a shame if there wasn't at least some small way to interact or leave signs that you have been to a planet etc... it only increases immersiveness if you feel like others are treading in your footsteps.

Caporegime
it would be such a shame if there wasn't at least some small way to interact or leave signs that you have been to a planet etc... it only increases immersiveness if you feel like others are treading in your footsteps.

When you discover new planets or new species your name goes into the database alongside their entry. (I think.) So you should be able to tell when you are the discoverer or if someone else has been there.

Soldato
OP
I thought they said there is no multilayer?

From what the dev said at E3, it sounds like there isn't technically multiplayer, but everyone's game will be pulling info from the same server, so if you discover and claim a planet, then other people will be able to see that you did it.

So you won't be able to see other players at all, but you will see planets etc discovered and named by other players.

Soldato
Yeah though that was the case still looking forward to the game. Really liking the art style maybe they could add coop in the future?

Associate
Co-op would be a really nice feature. Although hooking up with your buddy might prove hard if the galaxy is so massive :D

Soldato
True could have separate free roam mode where its just coop, would be awesome to have wing man cursing around space.

Soldato
i'd not seen this screenshot before so thought i'd post it here.

Seems we can land our ships underwater or so it seems. :D cannot wait to exploring the depths of planets. wonder what we could find.

also got me thinking. if we can mine on planets... could we mine so deep we could reach the core? :eek:

hWfsPIEl.jpg

full size here

http://imgur.com/hWfsPIE

Soldato
Who is keeping the developer of this game under control?

If they're on their own / independent. Then I cannot see this game being released within the 2 or 3 years lol. It looks good but I think they're being way too over ambitious.

Soldato
Seems like there's more info on Wikipedia as to goals/aims:

No Man's Sky does have a larger goal, to reach the center of the galaxy, driven by the availability of resources to the player, which improve as the player moves towards the center of the galaxy. Players need to collect, sell, and trade resources to acquire better ships and more fuel that lets them explore the more-centralized areas of the galaxy. Hello Games' co-founder Sean Murray stated that a player could reach the center of the galaxy with between forty to one hundred hours of gameplay without focusing on any additional exploration, but will hope players instead find themselves involved in other activities enabled by the open nature of the game, such as managing a trade route or studying all the possible flora in the universe.

Soldato
Is there any kind of story? Do we know why we are at the outer edges of the galaxy and why we need to get to the center? And when we do finally get there, what then?

I'm intrigued because it all sounds so different to what we're used to - and that's a good thing - but if it's not actually fun to play then I don't know what I'll make of it. Definitely keeping an eye on it, though.

Soldato
Who is keeping the developer of this game under control?

If they're on their own / independent. Then I cannot see this game being released within the 2 or 3 years lol. It looks good but I think they're being way too over ambitious.

IIRC it's supposed to be releasing this year :) hopefully there will be a release date announcement during the ign monthly review starting this monday. (fingers crossed anyways)

Is there any kind of story? Do we know why we are at the outer edges of the galaxy and why we need to get to the center? And when we do finally get there, what then?

I'm intrigued because it all sounds so different to what we're used to - and that's a good thing - but if it's not actually fun to play then I don't know what I'll make of it. Definitely keeping an eye on it, though.

no story. think of it more like minecraft/terarria, doing as you please.

we don't know why we start at the outer edges, and we also don't know whats in the middle. or why we are going there. or what lays waiting for us.

i think it'll be great. fed up of doing fetch quests, or following a storyline im not really that interested in. i like the thought of picking up and playing a few hours doing whatever i really wanna do.

Soldato
Like the look of everything to do with this game so far, but if I can't meet up with 1 or 2 friends somewhere then it's likely a deal breaker for me. I'm not much of a solo gamer.

It'll be a shame as the game looks cool and really unique. But I'd love it if I found a really interesting planet and then invited friends there. Even if it was just 2 at a time or something - it would make all the difference to me.

If not at launch, maybe they can add that - or maybe it's just not part of their vision.

Back
Top Bottom