• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No Pre Order or Official UK Price on the GTX 1080

Soldato
I'll buy one. But not overpriced £50+ 980 prices and Nvidia can forget Founders edition with whatever premium they think it has. I'm fed up with being fleeced on gpu's even when I can afford them. Realistic prices will drive sales (aka 970)

Soldato
"A Kotaku Australia reader has sent in a quote from a local retailer quoting the price of a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB at a staggering $1,299 excluding shipping. The figure was apparently published by accident and picked up by Google Cache, although the listing has since been taken down from the main website."

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/05/and-the-first-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-price-is-a-lot/

$1,299 AUD = £650. But Australian VAT is 10%.
10% = $129 AUD = £64.
So add £64 to get to 20% tax = £714 LOL

This is going to be fun.....

I will laugh , then cry and hold on to my money. I'll buy a 4KTV instead. A good one:)

Caporegime
"A Kotaku Australia reader has sent in a quote from a local retailer quoting the price of a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB at a staggering $1,299 excluding shipping. The figure was apparently published by accident and picked up by Google Cache, although the listing has since been taken down from the main website."

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/05/and-the-first-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-price-is-a-lot/

$1,299 AUD = £650. But Australian VAT is 10%.
10% = $129 AUD = £64.
So add £64 to get to 20% tax = £714 LOL

This is going to be fun.....

Literally posted that a few posts up :p

Also, they not official prices. The marketing NDA lifts at 2pm as that article points out.

Associate
6 months+ time, we could be dead by then so if someone in the market for a fast card then they'll buy now.

And I'm not just saying this as I want one as I might actually delay my purchase for a while :D as buying now may not suit me (need to build a new PC).

I wouldn't be too surprised if the prices rises after the introduction (few weeks time)

Well if I knew I was going to die in 6 months time...I wouldnt be spending my cash on a graphics card, that's for certain. It would be holidays n hookers for me LOL :p

If the prices rise after the introduction then it will be even less take up on this overpriced golden calf. You all know the Ti is around the corner and you will all be kicking yourselves when it comes out. Learn from the past jedi younglings. ;)

Soldato
bit harsh. - I just need / want / love latest tech.

I sold the dog this morning ready for the 1080 :D

635789718607369157-487100588_tHRGs9a.gif

Back
Top Bottom