Noctua NH-D15 G2 finally launched

Having recently bought a chromax fan, it comes with a 8 removable rubber dampeners in like 8 colours, so that's like 56 extra pieces of rubber that you are paying for. The fan cable is also removable meaning extra tolerances and connectors. The box is also oversized and protective so basically that's how you come up with the £5 over the normal cost of the mayor of beigetown.

For a less high volume product you can start to see how that then adds up.

Noctua end-user aftercare is great but it is also a hidden, subsidised cost.

Their products are undoubtable high quality but you are basically paying for the 1% excellence over something built with less QC/tolerances, the extra durability and 20% brand like with Apple products.

Last edited:
What Pre said.
Noctua is maybe 2% better quality, maybe 2% better performance, mayve 20% better customer support, 50% more never used accessories, 50% better? / fancier packaging .. all costing consumer 200%., sometimes more than 300% more money than others like Thermalright that cool so close to the same most of us don't notice a difference.

The Phantom Spirit performs a couple of degrees better than the Peerless Assassin and they're more or less the same price now. Phanteks T30 would be a better replacement fan than a Noctua NF-A12x25, it has better performance/noise.

Having tried both those fans with the PS, getting a T30 in-between the towers is quite a squeeze. In the end I kept the stock fans on it as my temps never get high enough to need anything better. They stay pretty quiet.

I'm not giving a click to anything that claims a company deserves a crown in the title tbh.

That's not my trying to be an ass here either, if it's some sort of self promotion view it as feedback on my end. I'm bombarded with information daily relating to computer stuff, I'll flat out ignore anything that has a whiff of bias.

Last edited:
Thermalright has ended the market, It's great to see CPU AIR coolers, not costing an arm and a leg.

Royal Preytor Ultra will be end game people!​

It's so weird with Thermalright, they never really market anything and then people sort of stumble upon their products and find out they're really good. It's been like that for years, they just sort of exist unlike other companies that throw money at marketing to get hype up.

It's so weird with Thermalright, they never really market anything and then people sort of stumble upon their products and find out they're really good. It's been like that for years, they just sort of exist unlike other companies that throw money at marketing to get hype up.
Honestly you're so right. I am now going to use their thermal paste which people are sleeping on. Honestly it's about time we had some company pricing for average Joe.

They were hugely popular in the early 2000's with stuff like the TRUE 120/Macho etc and then their presence in western regions dropped off for whatever reason. Glad to see they are back in full force though, they always made top tier coolers.

I do wonder at Noctua's logic sometimes. They produce a top notch cooler, and fit high static pressure fans to it, but then the fan size overhangs the size of the cooler so any high pressure air is free to take the easy path out and not be forced through the fins. Cue some expensive kit of foam or rubber to seal the fan to the front of the fin stack and block off the fan overhang.

Last edited:
Do like Noctua - am running Noctua NH-D15S Chromax Black - but this seems very expensive for not too much.

Will stick with what I have - which I have been impressed by !

Yeah if you already own a big Noctua, there's no reason to change it unless you really want to go for some sort of AIO solution.
If starting from scratch though, £100+ on an air cooler is a really hard sell.

Pricing aside, I think we've reached peak air cooler design...

We might see some cooler and fan combos slightly better than others under certain conditions etc. But in the case (pun intended) of airflow vs noise I don't see how they can be improved other than tiny refinements here and there.

Pricing aside, I think we've reached peak air cooler design...

We might see some cooler and fan combos slightly better than others under certain conditions etc. But in the case (pun intended) of airflow vs noise I don't see how they can be improved other than tiny refinements here and there.
I’m just waiting for the 140mm Peerless Assassin.
I thought the same few years back but here we are, where an AIO isn’t “required”, except for some Intel CPUs.
To be honest, the AIOs need to find a way to improve their performance, because has been almost the same for quite some time. New Intel coming, I expect Monsta 480 or Mora based AIOs paired to T30s.

Back
Top Bottom