North Korea threatens US with a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

Soldato
Even China are growing tired of North Korea's deluded ramblings. Remember this is a country with millions of troops...that it can't feed properly.

NK will do something stupid, the USA will give them a spanking, and China/Russia will officially call for talks on the matter but not really do anything. Even if NK manage to launch a nuke, no one will retaliate with other nukes.

Soldato
Even China are growing tired of North Korea's deluded ramblings. Remember this is a country with millions of troops...that it can't feed properly.

NK will do something stupid, the USA will give them a spanking, and China/Russia will officially call for talks on the matter but not really do anything. Even if NK manage to launch a nuke, no one will retaliate with other nukes.

True, but I get the feeling from the news & other online sources, that the USA are itching to get their teeth in. True or not, they will most certainly give 'em hell.

Soldato
For the US, I'd imagine that being in a state of war is great for those in power for a variety of reasons. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Soldato
For the US, I'd imagine that being in a state of war is great for those in power for a variety of reasons. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Matters little to Obama, war will usually win you an election but he can't have another term anyway. And he is already down in the history books as the man that got Osama.

To be honest I think flying those stealth bombers over Korea was basically the USA pointing out to NK just how far behind they actually are.

Wise Guy
Soldato
I reckon this is the lead up to a CIA instigated coup. Then NK will open up like China so the USA can have a fresh source of slave labour to make ipods and nikes.

3 years from now everyone will be going on about how you should be investing in NK.

Permabanned
I look at my bible and then I look at the news and it goes hand in hand man. We're getting closer to armageddon, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't know about world wars, but one concern is that the increasing spread of information means it is surely only a matter of time before people crazy/evil/obsessed/whatever enough to launch serious attacks (nuclear/chemical/biological attacks that will devastate communities) have the knowledge and tools to do so. Think of the impact on our civilisation if some of our critical infrastructure (power, water etc) could be disrupted.

Essentially, I think it is plausible that at some point in my lifetime I will look back at today and realise how lucky we are compared to where we are at that point. Not necessarily a full-on apocalypse, but a society in which the things we take for granted aren't so readily available. Hard to imagine perhaps but it you look back in history, an average person who lived for say 70+ years probably experienced harsh times at one point or another, whether that be down to wars, disease, economic conditions (meaning serious ones not just a standard slump) or whatever. I feel quite lucky not to have reached that point yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
A third global conflict will be driven by superpowers competing for resources. North Korea will not be a catalyst. They have already turned their back on their only real allies (China). China has far more to lose by opposing the US than it does by losing North Korea.

I'd be far more concerned by the situation in the Middle East, particularly the way that Iran is emerging as the major power in that region.

Back
Top Bottom