North Korea threatens US with a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

Soldato
i wish they would just hurry up and flatten north korea, its about time they had something decent to watch on tv and nothing beats watching a conflict on tv

It's boring though. It's all grainy guncams and blue-jacketed reporters who 'embed' themselves to work on their important and serious facial expressions. Where's the glitz? Where's the glamour?

aln

aln

Associate
Even China are growing tired of North Korea's deluded ramblings. Remember this is a country with millions of troops...that it can't feed properly.

NK will do something stupid, the USA will give them a spanking, and China/Russia will officially call for talks on the matter but not really do anything. Even if NK manage to launch a nuke, no one will retaliate with other nukes.

The last time the US invaded NK, they allegedgly crossed the Chinese border and got their ass swiftly kicked out. While I'm more than sure China doesn't want a war with the US, I don't think they'd want to look weak either. I doubt it'd result in WW3 though.

Interesting map/chart Duff-Man. Didn't realise that many nukes have been dropped, I was mainly aware of the 2 that were dropped in Japan during WWII. I worked out that I could just about survive a 16 kt bomb if one was dropped in the middle of Stafford!

Soldato
Surely that would happen anywhere then.

So, what you basically saying, is that the multi-million dollar US stealth aircraft program has been defeated by Twitter?

Class

:D

It was hardly an operation with secrecy at the core. The US was not intending to be subtle - the idea was to send a clear message to the North Koreans. It isn't rocket science...

Soldato
The last time the US invaded NK, they allegedgly crossed the Chinese border and got their ass swiftly kicked out. While I'm more than sure China doesn't want a war with the US, I don't think they'd want to look weak either. I doubt it'd result in WW3 though.

That was before China became the manufacturing workhorse for the west though. China is not going to risk losing its biggest customers over this.

Surely that would happen anywhere then.

So, what you basically saying, is that the multi-million dollar US stealth aircraft program has been defeated by Twitter?

Class

:D

No? Unless you are hiding Tweet-guided AA weapons?
What I am saying is the multi-million US stealth aircraft program has produced aircraft able to safely whizz around NK. Seeing a B2 and shooting it down (which has never been done) are very different things.

Soldato
Seeing a B2 and shooting it down (which has never been done) are very different things.

The B2 can fly at over 50,000 feet, is virtually invisible to radar, and carries some of the most sophisticated bomb-targeting suites of any aircraft.

When you fly your B2s at low altitude, during in the day, over a heavily populated area with thousands of watching camera phones, you aren't aiming for stealth or subtlety :p

Associate
waves bye bye at everyone and goes off somewhere to hide head between legs and hold breath for a while, just incase :)
gas alert, and no i haven't let one off

ah well, gives the usa something to do, world police likes to go around doing things nobody asked them to do, what would china do if they sent a b2 bomber over there air space?

both sides are idiots, just one is bigger than the other and has more toys to throw out of the pram, with a bigger budget to buy more toys as well

Soldato
ah well, gives the usa something to do, world police likes to go around doing things nobody asked them to do, what would china do if they sent a b2 bomber over there air space?

both sides are idiots, just one is bigger than the other and has more toys to throw out of the pram, with a bigger budget to buy more toys as well

Just to be clear... The US did not fly a B2 over North Korean air space. They sent them over South Korean airspace, to drop a dummy bomb on a target in South Korea, as part of the joint South Korean-US training program that happens annually.

I'm not generally one to defend the US... Some of their foreign policies and actions (particularly in the Middle East) are terrible. But North Korea is publicly threatening the US with nuclear annihilation on a daily basis. It's hard to paint them as the aggressor in these circumstances. Until very recently the unofficial US policy has been to simply ignore North Korea wherever possible.

Back
Top Bottom