North Korea threatens US with a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

Caporegime
As sad and unfortunate as it is, a war could finally end it.

While it seems to validate US military ideals, it does give them less reason to posture it, though i suppose that would be irrelevant if North Korea falls, China of course will either take the nation over itself or we go down another slightly tepid war scenario.

I wouldn't be surprised if China used the situation to their advantage, if the North is busy being devoured in the south, they can just move their military in North to make their own protected zone.

I doubt it of course, but with the new Chinese administration, they may see it as the only way to push their strength and validate the military budget increase.

Soldato
Branston baked beans were on offer a couple of weeks ago at Tesco. I bought an extra pack and have stored them in the garage. I like to think that means I'm gonna be okay.

Soldato
Branston baked beans were on offer a couple of weeks ago at Tesco. I bought an extra pack and have stored them in the garage. I like to think that means I'm gonna be okay.

fail.

The Branston tin although appealing, the beans do not deliver when compared to its German cousin.

BEANZ MEANZ HEINZ

Soldato
As sad and unfortunate as it is, a war could finally end it.

While it seems to validate US military ideals, it does give them less reason to posture it, though i suppose that would be irrelevant if North Korea falls, China of course will either take the nation over itself or we go down another slightly tepid war scenario.

I wouldn't be surprised if China used the situation to their advantage, if the North is busy being devoured in the south, they can just move their military in North to make their own protected zone.

I doubt it of course, but with the new Chinese administration, they may see it as the only way to push their strength and validate the military budget increase.

In a round about way i think you're on to something. If NK does make a big mistake and start something they can't finish. I can see the US bombing it from the air and when done letting the chinese stroll in and just take over the land.

In fact i wouldn't be surpised at all if the US and China are speaking behind the curtain working out who gets what when NK is removed.

EDIT - Just to be clear on my last statement. If NK does go into war then at the end NK will not exist as a country by the end of the war. Either it will merge with SK and just be called Korea, or china takes over and becomes part of China

Soldato
OP
The war never ended in the first place.

This.

If this rhetoric really does escalate into something more, a REAL threat then I think Kim Jung Whatshistits will be in for a hell of a shock when those B-2s fly over during a real attack. Communism, propaganda and brain washing - oh how they think they're the greatest super power in the world...

Caporegime
This.

If this rhetoric really does escalate into something more, a REAL threat then I think Kim Jung Whatshistits will be in for a hell of a shock when those B-2s fly over during a real attack. Communism, propaganda and brain washing - oh how they think they're the greatest super power in the world...

You cant possibly be fooled by a military junta?

The Jung family is a placeholder at best.

Caporegime
"If the puppet traitor group continues to mention the fact Kaesong industrial zone is being kept operating and damages our dignity, it will be mercilessly shut off and shut down," a Kaesong spokesman said, according to the North's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA)."

Lol at that ^ Basically saying to stop calling their bluff or they will get weally weally cwoss.

Soldato
In a round about way i think you're on to something. If NK does make a big mistake and start something they can't finish. I can see the US bombing it from the air and when done letting the chinese stroll in and just take over the land.

In fact i wouldn't be surpised at all if the US and China are speaking behind the curtain working out who gets what when NK is removed.

EDIT - Just to be clear on my last statement. If NK does go into war then at the end NK will not exist as a country by the end of the war. Either it will merge with SK and just be called Korea, or china takes over and becomes part of China

South Korea will not accept china taking over the north.

Soldato
Yeah, who's going to tell China that?

Its biggest importer?

:p

Well, yes...and of course the north koreans would probably accept being assimilated into a unified korea, they would not accept being taken over by china.

Plus the rest of asia would be very much against it. Japan foremost among them.

and of course, russia.

and lets not forget that north korea comes with an approximate rebuild cost of 5-10 TRILLION dollars.

Back
Top Bottom