North Korea threatens US with a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

Soldato
If he attacks anything it will be South Korea, and that's most unlikely, as previously, he needs to flex to maintain his position, and in doing so hope the West throws him a bone to STFU, like some more grain to feed his people.

Soldato
OP
Probably been posted here before but the US cant nuke North Korea, there are too many innocents there, if they do, they'll hate us more. People try to escape from that place, the best thing we can do is help them.

I'm sure if Korea starts nuking places they'll have some dropped on them, there may be innocents but that's the cost of starting a nuclear war.

Permabanned
Probably a dumbass question but what's to stop them sticking it on a boat and sailing (say) 2/3 the distance and launching from there? They could surely find a big enough fishing boat or something :confused:?
That was one of Hitler's plans, take a sub over to the US and fire a rocket.
Apparently a tricky engineering feat to pull off though.

Soldato
That was one of Hitler's plans, take a sub over to the US and fire a rocket.
Apparently a tricky engineering feat to pull off though.

They were meant to get within range of the Eastern seaboard of the US and rain V2s down onto New York. I can't remember the codename for the project, but I believe it involved a normal u-boat towing a launcher behind it that contained the V2 rocket. Once within range they'd set up the launcher and fire. Like you said though, very difficult to pull off engineering wise.

Soldato
North Korea have 70 or so submarines. Who knows if the crazy fool hasn't put one of this nukes into one, and aims to float it into New York Bay.

They sank a South Korean vessel last year from a submarine, so they clearly have some capabilities.

Do you not think the US tracks everything(surfaced/submerged) that's comes from North Korean waters! They don't have the biggest most advanced naval fleet for no reason(one carrier carries more aircraft than 80% of the worlds airforces) lol, they would sink any North Korean submarine that got to within 500 miles of US territorial waters.

Last edited:
Associate
Do you not think the US tracks everything(surfaced/submerged) that's comes from North Korean waters! They don't have the biggest most advanced naval fleet for no reason(one carrier carries more aircraft than 80% of the worlds airforces) lol, they would sink any North Korean submarine that got to within 500 miles of US territorial waters.

I agree with the gist of what you're trying to say, but ...erm what??.....:confused:

Man of Honour
I agree with the gist of what you're trying to say, but ...erm what??.....:confused:

Took me a few reads but I understand what hes saying - one US carrier has more aircraft than the combined total of the lesser 80% of countries that have airforces. Obviously it doesn't have 80% of all the airforces in the world (Egypt alone has way more).

Soldato
Well, the USA have 71 submarines. I presume some of those wont be following North Korean subs.

Soldato
Took me a few reads but I understand what hes saying - one US carrier has more aircraft than the combined total of the lesser 80% of countries that have airforces. Obviously it doesn't have 80% of all the airforces in the world (Egypt alone has way more).
Not how I read it.

One USA aircraft carrier has a bigger airfleet than 80% of countries airforces. (individually, not combined).

Back
Top Bottom