Northern lights from my back garden

I prefer a bit of purple sensemilia in my back garden, Northen lights is a bit heavy and the neigbours complain because the ganj smell is really hardcore..............

amazing photo. Was about to say where in the UK are you, then saw location. Do we ever get to see the northern lights in the UK ever ?

Last edited:
Yeah its been so cloudy here for the past week. Noticed it was clear tonight, went out to look and ta-da!

I was in Norway for a week. But wrong time of year. Was light all day. Not sun up. But light.

No glimpses unfortunately. Still on my "to see" list

Last edited:
yeah it gets like that here for a few weeks around midsummer... Its weird, dunno if ill ever get used to it.

It certainly was weird. Quite liked it.
I would not however like the all dark days. Would have to live somewhere else in winter!

Kayaking at 2300 was surreal though!

I prefer a bit of purple sensemilia in my back garden, Northen lights is a bit heavy and the neigbours complain because the ganj smell is really hardcore..............

amazing photo. Was about to say where in the UK are you, then saw location. Do we ever get to see the northern lights in the UK ever ?

Wasn't there one around the time of the last eclipse? and it had to be a good clear night at a certain area or am I thinking of something else? I've never actually seen one in person.

Last edited:

We do indeed. There’s a Twitter account called aurora watch or something like that which gives alerts on high geomagnetic activity.

We do indeed. There’s a Twitter account called aurora watch or something like that which gives alerts on high geomagnetic activity.

I remember people travelling hundreds of miles for it then waiting a day or two for that night. Great if you're going to do that during the summer. Not at this time of the year.

Last edited:
I'll be visiting family in North East England at Christmas. Between boxing day and NY we are going to Tromso in Norway to try and see them, all booked up. Costing a small fortune. Spoke to my mother yesterday and she said they've been visible in Northumberland at the weekend :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom