Noteworthy Cars for Sale [Appreciation Thread]

Soldato
These have been starting to appreciate for a while now (the car not the plane :D), https://www.quickandbig.com/lotus-esprit-turbo-se.

y4mPRBIK0Wv24zVZhNoeXJO1mcTZBo4N6pcpwQsbGLp-VMeqGE1mmOl4H-eoaVlBrFwayqupSD7jBHWMbvp0qDbmYoUw5bkfNh4hMcVefuWWG8iOhI0krfnbfSGRmPxaE6M602jTbIfOJ-Nt_vfPzaRqUpuQyMDfub3hKlYQG88t2A

Soldato
Not sure now, im not ruling it out, might have to give it some thought.

You definitely bought yours at just the right time considering what the huge desire in the US has done to UK prices over the past few years, I mean £100K+ now seems to be fairly average for a good R34 yet in 2015 when I briefly considered buying one it was £35k!

Associate
You definitely bought yours at just the right time considering what the huge desire in the US has done to UK prices over the past few years, I mean £100K+ now seems to be fairly average for a good R34 yet in 2015 when I briefly considered buying one it was £35k!

I paid under £30k for mine. Its still only got 39k miles on it.

Soldato
Wait until its legal to import in the US. Then prices will go to the moon.

Is there a danger it could go the other way? Prices have already gone up in anticipation of this demand and, as mentioned earlier in the thread, cars are being pre-purchased by Americans already.

If everyone is holding onto cars in the expectation of a further price increase once the US can import them then presumably supply is going to be fairly low right now. Once the US can import them there’s a danger that the market will be flooded with people trying to cash in as all these cars hit the market.

Caporegime
Is there a danger it could go the other way? Prices have already gone up in anticipation of this demand and, as mentioned earlier in the thread, cars are being pre-purchased by Americans already.

If everyone is holding onto cars in the expectation of a further price increase once the US can import them then presumably supply is going to be fairly low right now. Once the US can import them there’s a danger that the market will be flooded with people trying to cash in as all these cars hit the market.

this. I think that they are probably almost at their peak price so now would be a good time to sell. Or keep it and enjoy it and not worry about what its worth and what you could have sold it for.

Caporegime
I paid under £30k for mine. Its still only got 39k miles on it.

You have basically bought the best investment ever. I too can remember when these were 25K. I have the money now but didn't have it back then. The bubble has to burst at some point surely as cars like this are basically capital investment now. In fact when put 40k House deposit down I could have bought a low mileage V-Spec II even maybe pushed for a nur spec!. Rented for 10 years and sold it on bought a house and be not far off what I am now.

Hindsight is wonderful thing but if you had 100k to invest in a set of cars wisely 10 years ago you would not be far off a millionaire now.

993 Porsches were 15k a pop for a decent manual tin top. They have also since tripled in Value and that is what is considered a mundane car in the grand scheme of things.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
SGlOiwo.png

For the Sultan’s very first major collaboration with Bentley Motors, fourteen bespoke Continental Rs were commissioned with a variety of mechanical and cosmetic differences from the standard production cars. Dubbed the Bentley Continental R Superfast, this was abbreviated to ‘SuFaCon’, SUper FAst CONtinental.

https://www.dkeng.co.uk/ferrari-sales/1393/prestige_cars/bentley_continental_r_sufacon.html

Write-up on it here:
https://www.classicdriver.com/en/ar...usly-sinister-bentley-continental-r-superfast

Built in a limited run of 14 for Prince Jefri Bolkiah, the SuFaCon was the fastest and most powerful Continental of its time. While the standard Continental R produced 328 bhp, and the Continental T 400 bhp, both were by comparison to the SuFaCon practically economy cars. With their special P300-spec engines, each SuFaCon put out a whopping 527 bhp, and in the process probably boosted Pirelli’s annual tyre sales by at least 50%. The end result of all that shove was a two-and-a-half tonne land yacht that could accelerate to 60 mph five seconds flat, an impressive statistic today and one that was against the laws of physics in 1995. Of course, the significant momentum of the SuFaCon required equally stout stopping power. Bentley provided this through the use of larger wheels and bigger brakes, featuring dual callipers at the front, and fulfilling the automotive world’s least enviable task until Valtteri took his seat at Mercedes.

Back
Top Bottom