Nothing phone (1)

Soldato
Soldato
Solid specs and a good level of software support. 3 OS and 4yrs security.

JN1 sensor in the ultrawide and IMX766 on the main. Smells iffy, same sensors used in the OPPO's and OnePlus' makes me think Nothing is another BBK subsidiary.
£499 for the 12gb version. They’ve got that wrong surely ?

Soldato
The phone seems like a large security risk to me. Essentially a Chinese phone manufacturer attempting to access the phone market after Huawei got kicked out of networks. Seems odd that a 32 year old with a new product has a competitive product to the iPhone - who manages and controls the data of the applications?

Soldato
The phone seems like a large security risk to me. Essentially a Chinese phone manufacturer attempting to access the phone market after Huawei got kicked out of networks. Seems odd that a 32 year old with a new product has a competitive product to the iPhone - who manages and controls the data of the applications?
There's so many Chinese phone OEMs out there I've lost count.

Last thing we need is another Trump. Everyone is spying on our data. It's just how it is these days.

Soldato
No no. I thought when it said 12gb it meant storage. Not ram. Edit. Super interested in this phone as a backup. Was looking at the pixel six. But meh.

Soldato
OP
Well, at least they're being a little more transparent than OP with security updates about it being bimonthly. Hopefully they can stick to it, updates for my OP7TPro were no longer on schedule after the 8 was released and sometimes had to wait many months.

Will need to see reviews and then experience from users few months later. It's a good alternative for those who wants stock like Android but aren't completely sold on the Pixel phones. Don't get me wrong I like my Pixel 6 Pro but Tensor hasn't completely impressed me (I feel it's more Samsung's side holding it back).

Caporegime
It’s neat, cool design at the back but…….cynical hat on.

Mid tier spec, still an embargo on the actual functioning of the phone is not a good sign. I bet it uses like any other mid tier phone, or slightly worse for £400. This isn’t like an iPhone where they have its own OS, it’s just Android so will feel like any other Android.

I do like the look of it though, but not sure how long that novelty will salt.

Soldato
It’s neat, cool design at the back but…….cynical hat on.

Mid tier spec, still an embargo on the actual functioning of the phone is not a good sign. I bet it uses like any other mid tier phone, or slightly worse for £400. This isn’t like an iPhone where they have its own OS, it’s just Android so will feel like any other Android.

I do like the look of it though, but not sure how long that novelty will salt.
All the fundamentals are strong. Reviews will help flesh out the rest.

At least it isn't the joke that is the iPhone SE line.

Soldato
Solid specs and a good level of software support. 3 OS and 4yrs security.

JN1 sensor in the ultrawide and IMX766 on the main. Smells iffy, same sensors used in the OPPO's and OnePlus' makes me think Nothing is another BBK subsidiary.

Honor and Xiaomi use it too - are they BBK subsidiaries?

It's just a decent, go-to sensor. There have been plenty over the years which could be found across multiple different devices/manufacturers. Same with SoC...

Soldato
Honor and Xiaomi use it too - are they BBK subsidiaries?

It's just a decent, go-to sensor. There have been plenty over the years which could be found across multiple different devices/manufacturers. Same with SoC...
Which honor or Xiaomi handsets use these sensors?

I know these are off the shelf parts but not seen them in other phones OEMs.

Back
Top Bottom