Now the League and Cup are over...

Man of Honour
I think I'll give the Xeon boxen a benchmark at the weekend. I'd like to find out once and for all if the WINE setup is faster than the XP setup (on this box, I suspect it may not be, but it's very close). I'll lose about 24hrs crunching on it as a result of doing the benchmarks (probably more, as I tend to forget I've left it running benchmarks and come back in 12hrs and wonder why it's stopped).

Due to leccy bill/heat issues, I keep saying I'm going to down my only P3 @home, and I will do it soon. Then just got to work out how much it's worth and stick it in the FS forum. Got a P100 going to go in spare parts pretty soon as well (if it'll still boot - someone can use it for parts or a Smoothwall box).

Laptop's going back into the office tomorrow, work can pay the leccy bill for that one for a while.:)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Originally posted by JayDeee007
what block is it MDP?

J

Innovatek kit - have the NB and GF3 blocks too with the 1048 Eheim/attached-radiator and their cube-radiator with 120mm fan.

Its the rev3 block - solid copper core with cooling vanes (meant to be like a stack of 2p coins with a copper core inside - and all metal construction:- http://www.innovatek.de/sites/incool.html

M.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Originally posted by MDPlatts
Me benchmark was accepted - so now top of the league - c'mon whether your an INTELligent one or you just AM Dangerous to know - knock me off the top - ner ner ni ner ner!

http://www.orifice.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Instructions at the top of this thread - be warned, I sense a sub 2hr run soon!

M.

You just got thrashed by some Prometia owning P4 geezer :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Ahh well, nothing lasts forever - but the challenge is on - anyone else upto it?

Never fear - I have a plan (*cough* XMS3500 followed by watercooling when its stable again) - watch this space.

Just posted a 2.055hr run - gets me 2nd back!

M.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Originally posted by -<=[Tw18]=>-
well done MDPlatts sah' nice 2nd, but to a P4

Well I trashed my XP install with a disk corruption pushing the overclock and had to put 2k on another drive in a rush to finish some work! But last night I pushed out the pram and am sending a result in to take #2 I think.

Heh Tw18.. Don't you think its funny that it takes a phase change (prometia) cooled P4 to eke out a slim lead against a bunch of air cooled AMD's?

I know this is a willy waving contest and personally I'll run whatever gives me the most bang for my hard earned readies but its an interesting comparison.

P4 3.06Ghz (£400) vs XP2600+ (£160)
Prometia (£450) vs SLK800+Fan (£40)

Those apart from motherboards these are the main differences I think, I know there is a guy in there with a P42400 but he's got a £350 Vapochill as well and is still behind. :D

All credit to the guy at the top thats an awesome score, I'd just like to see some phase change cooled XP's scores to compare with.

/me goes off to email score :D

Man of Honour
And I just noticed Tw18.. I don't see your score on the results page.. hmm? C'mon man.. its a public service so people can see, compare and decide :D

Associate
OP
it is very a good point sah', but it does happily prove that more for your money is AMD, but if you want all out P4 currently see's the top score. SO you have more for youe money, or lots of money and most powerful. But no need to get touchy:p

Originally posted by Biffa
And I just noticed Tw18.. I don't see your score on the results page.. hmm? C'mon man.. its a public service so people can see, compare and decide :D

very good point sah', apart form the fact that if you do look hardly you will see
Intel P3 933 933 7x 133 PC133 133 2 n/a 512 n/a 4.897 WinXP thewaiting18 STD Toshiba Satellite 3000-214 Laptop, P3-M 512 L2 Cache, not bad for a laptop. ]
:p:D

Back
Top Bottom