NP: The now playing thread

Associate
Couple of new Distillers tunes dropped earlier this month. Great to have Brody Dalle and co. back in business; perhaps lacks the immediacy of their best work, but I am looking forward to the album. Man vs Magnet is the best of the two tracks.

I've also been battering the Scorpions' back catalogue. I adore this band for their longevity and that seldom has any band straddled the peaks and troughs of their genre like the Scorpions; slow burning hard-rockers with driving riffs (The Zoo, China White), classic rock tracks that stand comparison with any (No One Like You), power ballads par excellence (Still Loving You, Woman) and their occasional forays into more pop-oriented material (Wind of Change). Then they came full circle and released material that wove in elements of their best work and even more modern influences, i.e. hints of grunge, some 35 years after their debut album.

Last edited:
Associate
Couple of new Distillers tunes dropped earlier this month. Great to have Brody Dalle and co. back in business; perhaps lacks the immediacy of their best work, but I am looking forward to the album. Man vs Magnet is the best of the two tracks.

I've also been battering the Scorpions' back catalogue. I adore this band for their longevity and that seldom has any band straddled the peaks and troughs of their genre like the Scorpions; slow burning hard-rockers with driving riffs (The Zoo, China White), classic rock tracks that stand comparison with any (No One Like You), power ballads par excellence (Still Loving You, Woman) and their occasional forays into more pop-oriented material (Wind of Change). Then they came full circle and released material that wove in elements of their best work and even more modern influences, i.e. hints of grunge, some 45 years after their debut album.

My fav Scorpions tune ever is Animal Magnetism. I don't like Wind of change because it is so cheesy and stupid. They did an electronic album some time ago and didn't like it at all.
The Distillers, well, great band no doubt :)

Back
Top Bottom