NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
OP
It's 75mm, or thereabouts. The 5700 XT Nitro+ (49mm) just squeezes in there with 25mm fans (and by just, I mean if the GPU sags at all, the fans rub).

Soldato
OP

Quick test of the Corsair RGB. The Nitro+ is hooked up to the Node Pro using an adapter, meaning I can now control all the lighting through iCue.

Got a few bits coming Monday to finish the build off. A bit of tidying up of cables, and then that's it finally done.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Everyone. (I’ve been using the forum for info for a few months already )

having just spent the best part of a day reading the back half of this thread whilst watching NR200 related YT videos. I can clearly see I’m in the right place to seek advice during what will be my second ever PC build . I have the NR200P on order (hopefully arriving back end of this month).

I have the following components:
(some new, some currently installed in a Corsair Carbide 275R)

5900X (in box)
Sapphire RX 6800 mba (in 275R)
Gigabyte 550I Pro AX (in box)
Corsair SF750 (in box)
32gb (3600mhz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (in 275R)
NZXT Kraken X63 (280mm) (in box)

I will be commencing my build within the next few weeks, and due to my experience will not be overclocking components etc (at least not until, I feel I’ve learnt enough).

A few questions if people not mind. The AIO was purchased originally to go into my current build, but I now understand it is possible to fit into the NR200 (albeit, side mounted with the vented panel). Like most I would like to use the TG option (and there is the possibility to return the AIO) and buy a suitable air cooler or 240mm AIO. I would also like to vertical mount my GPU if possible with a RX 6800 (Sapphire MBA)? I understand this may require a change, that being a bottom mounted 240mm AIO (I’ve seen GN video on AIO mounting).

what would people recommend?

Build with what I have and just side mount the 280mm AIO and use vented panel?
Buy suitable CPU air cooler and mount GPU horizontally?
Exchange 280 for 240 AIO and build vertical GPU set-up?
(Understanding there are trade offs for performance and AIO longevity)
*Which now sounds stupid ‍♂️

apologies for the stupidly long post, thank you in advance for any feedback.

Ste

Soldato
Hi Everyone. (I’ve been using the forum for info for a few months already )

having just spent the best part of a day reading the back half of this thread whilst watching NR200 related YT videos. I can clearly see I’m in the right place to seek advice during what will be my second ever PC build . I have the NR200P on order (hopefully arriving back end of this month).

I have the following components:
(some new, some currently installed in a Corsair Carbide 275R)

5900X (in box)
Sapphire RX 6800 mba (in 275R)
Gigabyte 550I Pro AX (in box)
Corsair SF750 (in box)
32gb (3600mhz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (in 275R)
NZXT Kraken X63 (280mm) (in box)

I will be commencing my build within the next few weeks, and due to my experience will not be overclocking components etc (at least not until, I feel I’ve learnt enough).

A few questions if people not mind. The AIO was purchased originally to go into my current build, but I now understand it is possible to fit into the NR200 (albeit, side mounted with the vented panel). Like most I would like to use the TG option (and there is the possibility to return the AIO) and buy a suitable air cooler or 240mm AIO. I would also like to vertical mount my GPU if possible with a RX 6800 (Sapphire MBA)? I understand this may require a change, that being a bottom mounted 240mm AIO (I’ve seen GN video on AIO mounting).

what would people recommend?

Build with what I have and just side mount the 280mm AIO and use vented panel?
Buy suitable CPU air cooler and mount GPU horizontally?
Exchange 280 for 240 AIO and build vertical GPU set-up?
(Understanding there are trade offs for performance and AIO longevity)
*Which now sounds stupid ‍♂️

apologies for the stupidly long post, thank you in advance for any feedback.

Ste

if I am being honest, I’m using the TG panel and it is a bit of a compromise in terms of cooling. Ryzen 5900X is a pretty for chip with PBO enabled.

Personally I would just build with that you have, I am seriously considering swapping to a side mounted AIO for the extra quietness it would offer.

Soldato
Anyone using custom short PSU cables in this case?
Haven't really needed to the only thing that I'd recommend being shorter is the GPU cables.

Just a thought... has anyone rotated their CPU cooler 90 degrees so it pulls air in from the bottom and out through the top?
I considered it when I was air cooling until I realised it wouldn't work on my AM4 socket and cooler

Soldato
OP
Just installed the Arctic P12s. What a difference! Really quiet, and kept temps under control during an hour run of Heaven 4.0.

Redid all of the cabling when I put the fans in. Really clean now. Also swapped the PCIE power cable for a braided one. I was going to get a full custom set, but TBH the rest of the cables are well hidden so it'd be a waste. Only thing left to replace now is the white SATA data cable from my old build and that's it done.

Associate
@b0rn2sk8,

I appreciate the reply, and yes what you says makes sense :) pretty much what I wanted to hear. Although I am a little bit jealous of how good some peoples builds look with the TG.

I already have a few components I need to sell, so if I was to try and sell or return an un-opened AIO "The missus would probably try and kill me" lol

Associate
Preordered mine today from Overclockers for a death to RGB build can't wait! Got the below in a NZXT H210 at the moment but looking forward to using the Raijintek Morpheus with the clear airflow this case gets from the bottom.

- Ryzen 3600 with Be quiet Dark Rock 4 - Black
- Gigabyte 1070 OC with Raijintek Morpheus II cooler - black
- 512gb NVME storage
- 5x Arctic P12 fans throughout (2x GPU, 2x CPU, 1x top exhaust)
- Seasonic M12 450w ATX PSU (I'll be making my own metal adapters... no velcro being used here)

Can anyone measure fom the top edge of your graphics card, to the floor of your NR200 for me please? I think there should be JUST enough room for the Raijintek Morpheus GPU cooler in there, looks like this person has done it with 25mm fans ok...

N9jE80M.jpg

worked fine without issues

Associate
Which GPU and CPU you going with?
I am going to go Ryzen (though tempted to just try and source a Mini ITX Z170 or Z270 motherboard on the used market. Otherwise B550 Auros and Ryzen 7 5700X (if it comes out). 5800X or 5900X. Undecided on that at the moment.

Sticking with my 1080Ti on the GPU front for a good while yet.

Associate
Does anyone have issues with using both front USB ports at the same time? If I have my dongle for my keyboard connected in one and then connect an external USB hard drive my keyboard will stop working but the hard drive will work. Both ports work individually. As soon as I disconnect the hard drive my keyboard starts working again.
That will be a power issue i believe as USB HDD's draw a lot of power i believe and thus if you used one of the back USB ports you'd have better luck. Its similar to how my 4 port USB 3.0 hub struggles if I have my DAC and keyboard (2 USBs) into it.

Soldato
Just installed the Arctic P12s. What a difference! Really quiet, and kept temps under control during an hour run of Heaven 4.0.

Redid all of the cabling when I put the fans in. Really clean now. Also swapped the PCIE power cable for a braided one. I was going to get a full custom set, but TBH the rest of the cables are well hidden so it'd be a waste. Only thing left to replace now is the white SATA data cable from my old build and that's it done.

Got a pic of your cable management?

Soldato
That will be a power issue i believe as USB HDD's draw a lot of power i believe and thus if you used one of the back USB ports you'd have better luck. Its similar to how my 4 port USB 3.0 hub struggles if I have my DAC and keyboard (2 USBs) into it.
Thanks. Yeah I realised after a while it was a power thing. If I used a memory stick instead it was fine. Cheers!

Soldato
They can but it’s not very tidy which is why few do. There is space between the motherboard and PSU to run the 24 and 8 pin connectors. There are also handy Velcro straps to aid you doing that.

Back
Top Bottom