NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Finally finished the move from my DA2 to this Beauty, soo much easier being able to take all the sides and corners out,
The 6800XT and freezer 280 was a bit of a squeeze and decided I’d have the cooler fans on the outside pulling air into the rad that way felt a bit better having the water cables against the rad as a posed to the fans, top fans have grilles so shouldn’t be a problem with pipes agains them,

I got the cpu/motherboard and GPU pcie cables from pslate custom cables, not cheap but they all fitted with mm’s to spare so no bunches of power cables left to tie up

Really happy with the temps of the 5950x 30c idle and 48c under load on cine bench 23

Good tip thou “remove the protector slip from the cooper base on the cooler” else it gets messy!!!

Runs so much quieter than the DA2, was going to try and fit some slim fans at the bottom but not sure i need to,
1l7vYyt.jpg
3iSbS16.jpg
de2GNDi.jpg
rZGgpfT.jpg

Associate
Finally finished the move from my DA2 to this Beauty, soo much easier being able to take all the sides and corners out,
The 6800XT and freezer 280 was a bit of a squeeze and decided I’d have the cooler fans on the outside pulling air into the rad that way felt a bit better having the water cables against the rad as a posed to the fans, top fans have grilles so shouldn’t be a problem with pipes agains them,

I got the cpu/motherboard and GPU pcie cables from pslate custom cables, not cheap but they all fitted with mm’s to spare so no bunches of power cables left to tie up

Really happy with the temps of the 5950x 30c idle and 48c under load on cine bench 23

Good tip thou “remove the protector slip from the cooper base on the cooler” else it gets messy!!!

Runs so much quieter than the DA2, was going to try and fit some slim fans at the bottom but not sure i need to,

That is the most spacious top down shot i've seen using an AIO and its with a Liquid Freezer II

Impressive.

Associate
That is the most spacious top down shot i've seen using an AIO and its with a Liquid Freezer II

Impressive.

Thanks, yeah it needed shoe horning lol but not too bad, some wires here and there to tidy, what i love about this case is most things are accessible via removing a panel, and slipping out the GPU reveals the plug side of the psu, just need to get a 2TB nvme and 2tb SSD card now and im good to reload windows and start fresh installing/loading up some games :)

Associate

How was the mounting of the rev3 bracket on the aorus mobo? Looks like it was hitting that vrm block by the memory. Im going to try shoe horn an arctic 280mm in my nr200 build i think, with a 5950x, 3080 fe and probably the b550-i strix board. But these arctic compatibility issues worry me.

Its going to be my first itx ssf build, and our builds are going to be very similar. Any tips or other info you have about routing, mounting, or any other things that may give a newcomer a bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

Associate
How was the mounting of the rev3 bracket on the aorus mobo? Looks like it was hitting that vrm block by the memory. Im going to try shoe horn an arctic 280mm in my nr200 build i think, with a 5950x, 3080 fe and probably the b550-i strix board. But these arctic compatibility issues worry me.

Its going to be my first itx ssf build, and our builds are going to be very similar. Any tips or other info you have about routing, mounting, or any other things that may give a newcomer a bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

No its sitting comfortably above the vrms, i was really worried about all the clearances, not helped by instructions being a bit confusing. The video helped a lot, but nowhere mentions about having to support the motherboard cooler bracket from underneath when fitting, and when you look at it all, nothing makes sense, its only when i assembled it all and carefully tightened down the bolts , without putting the thermal paste on, to check the cooper face of the cooler met with the cpu surface correctly, and it all pulls together, its clever stuff and does what it says on the tin, but doing it for the 1st time is scary Mary! You do have to make sure you don’t over tighten the bolts, i did and slightly bent one bracket, fortunately I’d left the protective cover on the cooper base of the artic cooler! So lucky me got to clean the mess and straighten the bracket out before re installing carefully,

I have read there are some issues with certain B550 boards but not sure which ones, so just do your home work, be worth checking with the company direct if your board is compatible

Tips and hints, i did not wont to just fit it all and panick when things didn’t fit or reach other components, i fitted the motherboard 1st, then the psu, and then fitted the artic cooler to check spaces and where the water pipes would go, then the gpu just to check it all fits nicely, then removed everything bar the motherboard and psu and then fit and route the cables , the good thing about this case is if your fitting the GPU at the bottom, its pretty trouble free, the only cables that might get in the way are the ones that go thru to the front where the 2.5 drives sit, but was easy enough to tie them out of the way,
BUT i did use modified psu cables “ unsleeved ” ones i think the term is, these are made to the exact lengths required for the case/pus etc,
Not cheap but worth every penny,

Associate
No its sitting comfortably above the vrms, i was really worried about all the clearances, not helped by instructions being a bit confusing. The video helped a lot, but nowhere mentions about having to support the motherboard cooler bracket from underneath when fitting, and when you look at it all, nothing makes sense, its only when i assembled it all and carefully tightened down the bolts , without putting the thermal paste on, to check the cooper face of the cooler met with the cpu surface correctly, and it all pulls together, its clever stuff and does what it says on the tin, but doing it for the 1st time is scary Mary! You do have to make sure you don’t over tighten the bolts, i did and slightly bent one bracket, fortunately I’d left the protective cover on the cooper base of the artic cooler! So lucky me got to clean the mess and straighten the bracket out before re installing carefully,

I have read there are some issues with certain B550 boards but not sure which ones, so just do your home work, be worth checking with the company direct if your board is compatible

Tips and hints, i did not wont to just fit it all and panick when things didn’t fit or reach other components, i fitted the motherboard 1st, then the psu, and then fitted the artic cooler to check spaces and where the water pipes would go, then the gpu just to check it all fits nicely, then removed everything bar the motherboard and psu and then fit and route the cables , the good thing about this case is if your fitting the GPU at the bottom, its pretty trouble free, the only cables that might get in the way are the ones that go thru to the front where the 2.5 drives sit, but was easy enough to tie them out of the way,
BUT i did use modified psu cables “ unsleeved ” ones i think the term is, these are made to the exact lengths required for the case/pus etc,
Not cheap but worth every penny,

Thanks for the tips, yeah i think test futting the cooler on the cpu is a great idea and one i’ll probably do myself to make sure i’m doing right and its making contact. An all round system test fit like you say is porbably worth the extra time too, so i’ll be taking that advice.
Those cables are expensive! But i may just stretch and grab them. I mean that’d be fan/rgb/custom cable budget in a big build for me anyway haha. Thanks for taking the time.

Associate
Thanks for the tips, yeah i think test futting the cooler on the cpu is a great idea and one i’ll probably do myself to make sure i’m doing right and its making contact. An all round system test fit like you say is porbably worth the extra time too, so i’ll be taking that advice.
Those cables are expensive! But i may just stretch and grab them. I mean that’d be fan/rgb/custom cable budget in a big build for me anyway haha. Thanks for taking the time.

no worries , glad to be able to help, re cables there are others that do them, so shop around, I went with pslate customs as they seem to get a good rep especially on the SFF forums

Soldato
Guess I better stick my build on here, so people can see things for compatibility.

- NR200P (obvs)
- Gigabyte B550-I Aorus Pro AX
- AMD Ryzen 3600 (from previous atx build)
- Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB 3600 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 (from previous atx build)
- Corsair SF750 PSU
- nVidia RTX 3080 FE
- 2 x WD Blue NVME (500GB+1TB)
- Arctic Freezer 34 Cooler (from previous atx build)
- 4 x Arctic P12 PWN case fans.

Build issues and tips:

1. There are clearance issues with this mobo/cpu cooler combo as the socket on the Gigabyte boards is higher than competitor models. As you can see I had to remove the top case fan grille to stop the top fan applying pressure to the CPU cooler. It *JUST* fits, but does touch. The CPU cooler also only *JUST* fits when it comes to height. It touches the side panel, but it does close. If I was to re-attempt I think I'd pick a smaller cooler.

2. There are also clearance issues with the PSU cables and the second fan on the RTX 3080 FE. This naturally wouldn't be a problem with literally any other card as they don't have fans on the rear of the card. I had to squish the PSU cables more than I would have liked.

3. The standard 24 pin and GPU power cables are WAY too long for this case. I'm considering replacing these with custom cables to tidy it up.

4. Get some cheap rubber mounts for bottom fans. Makes a big difference to noise.

5. I didn't bother putting the metal block back over the M.2 slot. It neagtively impacts cooling and is purely for asthetics.

6. GPU should be the last thing to go in :)

7. One last thing for people wanting to buy this motherboard. It currently has an issue whereby occasionally the built-in Bluetooth module will just disappear in Windows. No amount of driver uninstall/reinstall or device restarts will help. To fix this you need to power off, remove power cable and press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. BLuetooth will then magically re-appear. Still waiting for a fix for this from Gigabyte. This has only happened to me twice. Apparently sleeping the PC makes this worse.

90MFQk7.jpg

Associate
@Skilid nice build. How much is a custom PSU cable?

You would expect to pay around £15 per cable. The only ones I have replaced is the GPU cables as I wanted two individual cables to go from the PSU to my 3080. This had the benefit of reducing the length of the cables I needed to hide, but also got rig of a daisy chain that featured on the original cable that came with my PSU (Corsair SF750).

All other cables from my PSU I found were a good length and easy enough to hide. But still, that is £30 overall I spent on the GPU cables alone.

Associate
@JClarke who did you buy from?

Sorry, don't want to fall foul of forum rules about competitors. There are a few different companies out there. I searched for "Custom Sleeved Modular Powersupply Cables" and found a small UK company doing what I needed which was an 8 pin PCI-E / GPU graphics card modular PSU power supply cable. Tooka while to find as many shops just sell cable extensions which aren't useful if you want a cable to connect directly to the PSU.

Back
Top Bottom