Nurse arrested for murdering babies

This tells me you didn't read the link.

The link basically says 'Hey bro, there's a million to 1 chance it was a natural reaction in 1 of the babies and that million to 1 chance repeated itself several times, could statistically have happened bro. I know she wrote about killing them and there's shedloads more evidence but I'm just saying could have happened'

Last edited:
I’ve read and he’s spot on with what he’s saying by the looks of things.

Prof Alan Wayne Jones, an expert in forensic toxicology, is one of those who has challenged the results.

He pointed out that the test used measures the body’s reaction to insulin rather than the substance itself.

"The problem is that the method of analysis used [in these two cases] was probably perfectly good from a clinical point of view, but not a forensic toxicology point of view," he said.

"That test cannot differentiate between synthetic insulin and insulin produced by the pancreas."

Guessing you missed that bit?

I nearly necro'd this a month ago but I've waited for someone else to do it.
Working in a Trust Legal Department we've had meetings on this case and I've been 100% positive Letby did it.
A month ago the CH5 broadcast a programme called Lucy Letby - Did She Really Do it? - https://www.channel5.com/show/lucy-letby-did-she-really-do-it
I sat down with the wife and was gobsmacked after it finished.
The following day I was talking to my boss the Trust Lawyer who had also seen it and we were both shrugging our shoulders saying she deserves a new trial with expert witnesses.
It's astonishing that not one expert witness spoke for her but now they're coming out of the woodwork.
Every Trust is now witnessing Nurses either leaving or asking for transfers out of NICU because of this.

After being 100% Letby did it I'm now in the camp of a retrial done properly.
I urge everybody to watch the CH5 documentary.

Personally, I don't recall me seeing a case that I had considered 100% certain slam dunk case, turn into one that I'm really starting to reconsider.
I don't want to believe there could be any possibility she is innocent and this is a freak miscarriage of justice, but reading the article there are some good points that cast enough shadow/doubt that it's not implausible and agree that with all the miscarriages of justice that have gone on she probably deserves another trial and to really get the (circumstantial) evidence revisited..

This tells me you didn't read the link.

I haven't just read the link, I've actually noticed an increasing amount of speculation and videos popping up on youtube recently with 'online experts', who are pointing out all of these anomalies and technicalities associated with circumstantial evidence, whilst ignoring the big picture.

The problem here, is that in the trial - the Jury would have been shown all of this circumstantial evidence, medical evidence, along with the timelines, and the entire case from top to bottom, along with all of the arguments and disagreements - all of that is what would have convicted Letby beyond a reasonable doubt.

Outside of that environment (like on Reddit), when people start 'cherry picking' certain bits, or viewing them in isolation - it's easy to start forming ideas that 'maybe they got it wrong' or whatever, because it's not being seen in the context of a full case.

I nearly necro'd this a month ago but I've waited for someone else to do it.
Working in a Trust Legal Department we've had meetings on this case and I've been 100% positive Letby did it.
A month ago the CH5 broadcast a programme called Lucy Letby - Did She Really Do it? - https://www.channel5.com/show/lucy-letby-did-she-really-do-it
I sat down with the wife and was gobsmacked after it finished.
The following day I was talking to my boss the Trust Lawyer who had also seen it and we were both shrugging our shoulders saying she deserves a new trial with expert witnesses.
It's astonishing that not one expert witness spoke for her but now they're coming out of the woodwork.
Every Trust is now witnessing Nurses either leaving or asking for transfers out of NICU because of this.

After being 100% Letby did it I'm now in the camp of a retrial done properly.
I urge everybody to watch the CH5 documentary.
I’m surprised to hear you say this as you were very positive on the outcome until now.

Is this worth watching though or is it heavily biased for views and clicks?

It’s easy to change public opinion, look at Making a Murderer. The chap did it but you walk away from that series thinking he’s innocent.

Can you imagine if this was a wrong conviction and it was just a series of bad luck. I know it's unlikely. But there can always be those exceptionally unlucky anomalies
I believe it's happened before on several occasions. In one, the accused was imprisoned for something like 28 years, until it was found she was actually innocent.

I find it odd that certain expert witnesses were available, but never called.
Things like the prosecution using a specific analysis method to determine guilt, but the guy who actually devised the method said they didn't do it correctly and was never called to substantiate either sides' arguments.

The problem here, is that in the trial - the Jury would have been shown all of this circumstantial evidence, medical evidence, along with the timelines, and the entire case from top to bottom, along with all of the arguments and disagreements - all of that is what would have convicted Letby beyond a reasonable doubt.

Being in this exact line of work I highlighted this over and over again however I now know the Jury weren't given the full details
eg The famous staff spreadsheet only showed Nurses and only showed certain incidents over a time period and not all of them, there were many more deaths but not included.
The Jury were told 100% that injecting air or insulin would result in deaths but apparently not so.
The trial only focused on Letby's scribbled notes with the 'confessions' on, Letby wrote dozens of these notes on every day life, it was her way of coping.
I know somebody who did exactly the same thing and one day I got to see what he wrote on one note "I know how Michael Jackson feels, I'm also guilty of doing that to kids" :eek: Before I hit him I asked another mate of his and he said if I got his other notes I would see that he killed JFK and started WWII.

So lets "presume" for a moment - she in innocent on all charges..

How did all these healthy babies die suddenly? Someone needs to answer that question if she is innocent.....

Last edited:
Is this worth watching though or is it heavily biased for views and clicks?

I 100% know how documentaries can make you believe something BUT it really is worth a watch.
It certainly changed my mind and also a Trust Lawyer and a Solicitor, we just think it deserves a retrial with all evidence bought forward and expert witnesses made to speak up for her, there were none at the trial.

How did all these healthy babies die suddenly? Someone needs to answer that question if she is innocent.....
Having worked in the NHS myself, for a time, I think you'd be surprised how incompetent and self-serving people/departments can be, but also shocked at how easy it is to throw honest people under the bus to save your own behind.

Your context is incorrect, no baby in intensive care would be considered 'healthy'.. they are very ill to start with.

The kids weren't healthy, that's why they were in her care in the first place. They were very unwell children.

Back
Top Bottom