• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Less cores, narrower memory bus, and less pcie lanes than a 3060ti - will be great!

Less cores, narrower memory bus, and less pcie lanes than a 3060ti - will be great!

Exactly what I was thinking .. Nvidia has lost the plot really,now selling gpus that clearly look to be designed for budget laptops as discrete gpus with monikers 60ti and 60 that are respected class of dgpus sold in this manner now. Sadly they seem determined to mess up the midrange cards and the pricing of them.

We will have to wait and see how they perform but we have seen the 4070 and can pretty much work out how the 4060ti and 4060 will fall and not looking good sadly.

Last edited:
No word yet from @mrk ?
image.png

Went with a 4080 because i wanted to, cost approx Equivalent to 930ish pounds and upgrading from a 1070 and skipping the 2000 and 3000 series i decided i'd saved enough already to cope with the silly gpu prices. Yes i could have spent 700 and got a 7900xt but i wanted to play with dlss etc this round.

Went with a 4080 because i wanted to, cost approx Equivalent to 930ish pounds and upgrading from a 1070 and skipping the 2000 and 3000 series i decided i'd saved enough already to cope with the silly gpu prices. Yes i could have spent 700 and got a 7900xt but i wanted to play with dlss etc this round.
Better to spend the extra than deal with AMD's inconsistent drivers and poor Ray Tracing and VR performance (in case you ever try VR). Plus DLSS is just way better than FSR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom