• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I did the same, managed to get 17fps with DLSS. Looked incredible to be fair, for about 60 seconds until I had a full system lock up. Couldn’t run any games after at all as everything just crashed to desktop. Had to boot default bios and DDU graphics driver. Essentially a fresh start. Haha death by cyberpunk or what!
I think the older Nvidia GPUs will be able to use path tracing in this game once AMD releases FSR 3 and modders mod it into the game. Frame Generation is the reason its playable on 4090

That's actually a good point, FSR 3 means anyone with any GPU can use frame insertion. The problem is that AMD don't have anything equivalent to Nvidia Reflex, so they also need to come up with a solution to bring the latency back down to something more usable like how reflex works.

What happened to the 3080Ti if you don't mind me asking?
Fans started making a squeaking noise when active, bearing fialing it seems.

That's actually a good point, FSR 3 means anyone with any GPU can use frame insertion. The problem is that AMD don't have anything equivalent to Nvidia Reflex, so they also need to come up with a solution to bring the latency back down to something more usable like how reflex works.

Eh?

I thought AMD have Anti-Lag, and there is also the newer Hypr-RX... :confused:

Last edited:
Sadly for me, AMD cards are pointless, they still have weaker hardware acceleration performance for productivity apps where Nvidia cards own the top spots in performance in Davinci, Adobe and other apps that I use. Also video encode on the fly is also superior on Nvidia, still. AMD just don't' seem to care to improve these areas and match Nvidia.

Last edited:
I don't use most of them apps the creative types tend to say they use so its down to personal opinion. What I do notice is, like above if your not using the brand/hardware you can fall out of the loop with what is available. It seems there has been progress with using these creative apps on AMD so following guys like this would keep you in touch in case its not really a thing (like it used to be).

I have been keeping in the loop in this area for some time, and yeah AMD's RDNA3 cards are much better than RDNA 2 for productivity apps, but that improvement is only such from RDNA2, Nvidia have been way ahead for years, and with 40 series that gap widens even more.

For me a GPU has to be able to do productivity acceleration at the highest level for its class, and that's one of the main reasons I've had Nvidia time after time. Until that changes, it seems most of us will remain Nvidia. AMD could fix it very easily, they just don't care about it enough to do so.

Last edited:
Sadly for me, AMD cards are pointless, they still have weaker hardware acceleration performance for productivity apps where Nvidia cards own the top spots in performance in Davinci, Adobe and other apps that I use. Also video encode on the fly is also superior on Nvidia, still. AMD just don't' seem to care to improve these areas and match Nvidia.

I wonder, do AMD's workstation cards do better in those apps? Not saying you should get that, just trying to figure out if amd is artificially limiting performance on desktop with software or if it's hardware deficiencies

Last edited:
I wonder, do AMD's workstation cards do better in those apps? Not saying you should get that, just trying to figure out if amd is artificially limiting performance on desktop with software or if it's hardware deficiencies
I believe at least for the 7000 series, AV1 works very well to the point the gap has mostly closed.

OBS supports AMD AV1, Davinchi should as well, I know it supports intel and Nvidia AV1 but only on the paid version.

AMD HVEC is on par with Nvidias HVEC from what I've noticed, its AMD x264 codec which is weak but we are now moving away from that.

Adobe has always chased the popular platform and optimised it for that, which is why they are always chasing Apple even though Apple hate them.

AMD is not really on par with Nvidia for H265 (NVENC vs VCE).

And looking at the certified software list, Blackmagic (Davinci), Adobe etc do not feature in the listings: https://www.amd.com/en/support/certified-drivers

All my exports are H265 (NVENC), super fast to encode and the quality and motion is near enough identical to the source format whilst the file sizes are massively smaller. So for me that's a win win lol.

Personally not used OBS, but do use Geforce Experience for all game recordings, then transcode to H265 NVEMC using Handbrake if I decide to keep any footage or upload to youtube etc as the quality is the same, file sizes more than halved. Encode speed is typically 150fps+

Last edited:
Already got dual 128GB cards in the cameras so no need for that :p

New GPU is here! Feast your eyes on the GT 1030 passive low profile, although it says low profile, the heatsink is nearly as tall as the MX Master 3 mouse!

gaz0iZg.jpg

It has to see me through the next couple of weeks whilst Nvidia replace my 3080 Ti :p

Did you lot really think I'd bought a 40 series?!

Hah, wasn't expecting that :p

dtRXJaU.jpg

Back
Top Bottom