• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I've had the 4080 in my basket for a few days now but I just can't hit the buy button due to everyone saying how bad value it is- and I agree, it's terrible value :(

Why won't it come down in price already?!?

Poor value, but I tested mine out with the Cyberpunk 2077 RT overdrive and at least at 3440x1440 it maintains 75~90 FPS outside at all times on max settings. Even though it was just a few hundred £ more I couldn't stretch my budget further and as I don't play at 4K just settled with the 4080.

If it drops a few hundred £ it will be a good card for 1440p (or 3440x1440) with DLSS3.

I would advise if anyone wants something right now, save a bit more and try and fish for the cheapest 4090 possible. Ignore all the crap with OC/Gaming versions and just get the cheapest 4090 3rd party model. You can mod the BIOS and/or eventually put it on water anyway (air coolers all handle these cards fine anyway, much more efficient than 3xxx).

If you can be patient just wait, Nvidia can't hold these prices forever, especially if they plan to drop Ti variants within 6 months.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Latest sales data for Europe shows that in the 1st quarter of this year PC hardware sales continue to tumble. But console sales continue to rise rapidly

Shows that price matters, people out there are buying gaming machines they just don't want to be ripped off for it

Last edited:
Yes a 4090 at £900? Yes please. Even though I game at 3440x1440, I'd happily enable DLDSR and game at 5160x2160 with DLSS for the enhanced image quality :cool:

I can see it happen, when the Tis and 50 series launch, how else are they going to sell the 4080 and 90?

Last edited:
Tbf 3440/175Hz is prob the perfect res for a 4090, last a fair while I should imagine too (4/5yrs?).

Personally I can't be bothered with it but the only thing that has made much sense with nVidia GPUs the last few years has been buying the high end one early, then selling it just before the next high end one hits to fund the next one.

ezzLpNx.gif

Sadly Jensen doesn't care about any gamers as can be seen with what is happening with their share price in recent months and even today.
There is a lot of hype about AI/Machine Learning and as the rest of the market falters,it seems the tech investors are desperately trying to find the next best thing.

The issue is if the hype bubble does not compensate for the rest of the market there could be a tech market crash overall IMHO. But either way all the people defending Nvidia,etc screwing them over and defending it - I told them years ago these companies don't give a damn about gamers,so PCMR needs to stop excuse making for all the nonsense. These companies don't believe in loyalty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom