• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I don't know much about GPUs but a 4060Ti getting 16Gb Vs a 4070's 12Gb and there's just one thought that won't leave my mind and allow me to think.

It's 'derp'. Just derp.
At the moment I have RTX 2060 super and wasn't keen on RTX 3060 Ti but I'm considering 4060Ti 16GB. Intrigued what Nvidia will do to make sure it's worse than 4070 12GB

Intrigued what Nvidia will do to make sure it's worse than 4070 12GB

Won't it just be a 4060Ti with 16gb (hence lower performance)?

Trouble is, if the rumoured pricing for the 4060ti is true, a 16gb version priced higher could take it too close to the 4070 to be worth it.

Last edited:
Why such RAM increases when the performance issue is due to lack of... performance?

I was just saying that the upgraded versions of the consoles which will inevitably come out will no doubt have more memory/vram.

Knowing how **** and lazy most ports are, i think it is a given that high settings on new games next year when these new consoles have come out will demand a heap of vram.

I was just saying that the upgraded versions of the consoles which will inevitably come out will no doubt have more memory/vram.

Knowing how **** and lazy most ports are, i think it is a given that high settings on new games next year when these new consoles have come out will demand a heap of vram.

It's just as lazy and no effort to sell 8GB dGPUs above £300,in 2023,with RAM prices having crashed. We had sub £300 8GB dGPUs in 2015 in the UK. They were also sub $300 in the US. 4K monitors are not expensive now. Are Nvidia/AMD saying 1080p is PCMR resolution for the last decade?

Last edited:
It's just as lazy and no effort to sell 8GB dGPUs above £300,in 2023,with RAM prices having crashed. We had sub £300 8GB dGPUs in 2015 in the UK. They were also sub $300 in the US. 4K monitors are not expensive now. Are Nvidia/AMD saying 1080p is PCMR resolution for the last decade?

What amuses me is that the 1070 back in 2016 came with 8GB.

That was 3 generations back and 7 years ago!

yet they are releasing a similarish (in the stack) mid range GPU in a few weeks time , STILL with 8gb.

Last edited:
Last edited:
people were content with anything they could get from 2020-2022, those years should be stricken from gpu memory

I take that point, not a bad one. However the crypto crash happened just over a year ago so there was plenty of time - and we were promised a flood of gpu's that never happened in the UK. As @Jono8 said its stagnated since 7 years ago so you cant pin everything on crypto and scalpers its falling back into the apologist territory-o-meter.

There's no point in adding extra vRAM, even more so when Series S has only 8GB available to devs. You still limit your games based on that... Moreover, last gen updates where with the same vRAM, same CPU, just different GPU.

Isn't it any wonder when there's tribes about content with the 8 and 10Gb models for premium products over the past few years?
Your good pal Steve over at hub that you seem to be very fond of "at times" seems to love the 3080 over the alternatives especially at the time of release given what the choices were, not bad for a £650 GPU, just saying....

Funny thing is, you and others blame consumers for lapping up GPUs with lesser vram yet the people who happily paid an extra £750 for a 4-15% benefit in gaming are to blame just as much but as long as you mine, it's ok since that somehow cancels out Jenson's profit, right?

Last edited:
The more you buy the more you save!

Isn't it any wonder when there's tribes about content with the 8 and 10Gb models for premium products over the past few years?

Wait,Nvidia missed sales targets? I thought the price was perfect according to the experts on here!
There's no point in adding extra vRAM, even more so when Series S has only 8GB available to devs. You still limit your games based on that... Moreover, last gen updates where with the same vRAM, same CPU, just different GPU.

The XBox One X increased the unified RAM from 8GB DDR3 to 12GB GDDR5,and the CPU ran at a much higher clockspeed too.The PS4 Pro increased CPU clockspeeds too,and it added some extra DDR3 RAM for background tasks. Also for the PS5,there is only one model.

Also has anyone also thought,what if Infinity Cache is added to the refreshes?

Last edited:
Wait,Nvidia missed sales targets? I thought the price was perfect according to the experts on here!

The XBox One X increased the unified RAM from 8GB DDR3 to 12GB GDDR5,and the CPU ran at a much higher clockspeed too.The PS4 Pro increased CPU clockspeeds too,and it added some extra DDR3 RAM for background tasks. Also for the PS5,there is only one model.

Also has anyone also thought,what if Infinity Cache is added to the refreshes?
On a quick Google didn't show me that. I remember about the Xbox now :)

Anyway, games were still fine with 8gb, as per initial design.

LE: Red Gaming Tech showed some possible memory configs and there, for the sake of speed/bandwidth, could be more indeed. Still crazy considering how "many" next gen games are launched already. Let the memory craze continue! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom