• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Pricing is coming in as pretty much everyone was expecting, especially the 4060Ti. This means the 4060Ti 16Gb will almost certainly come in at $450. Which will translate to about £420-£430 here. Not sure if that makes it worth it to be honest. Just stick in another £100 or so and get a 4070. Even if you lose 4Gb of VRAM

Last edited:

Pricing is coming in as pretty much everyone was expecting, especially the 4060Ti. This means the 4060Ti 16Gb will almost certainly come in at $450. Which will translate to about £420-£430 here. Not sure if that makes it worth it to be honest. Just stick in another £100 or so and get a 4070. Even if you lose 4Gb of VRAM

Not sure about this "translate to about £420-£430". So far, the UK price has been pretty substantially higher than the US price, hasn't it?

Not sure about this "translate to about £420-£430". So far, the UK price has been pretty substantially higher than the US price, hasn't it?

When it comes to tech they usually exchange the $ for £ and the numbers on the sticker price stays the same. But i noticed that the $599 for the 4070 translate to around £560 here.

Last edited:
So you'll be paying nearly as much as a 3070 MSRP for a x50 class GPU... with some extra VRAM on most of which won't be useable in scenarios where the core has enough grunt to be relevant - though some edge cases where 10-12GB would be useful.

When it comes to tech they usually exchange the $ for £ and the numbers on the sticker price stays the same. But i noticed that the $599 for the 4070 translate to around £560 here.

1.20 is parity with USD to GBP when including VAT.
Pound is hovering around 1.25 now and hence the GBP inc VAT prices are typically slightly under the USD $ MSRP price, due to strengthening pound.

So you'll be paying nearly as much as a 3070 MSRP for a x50 class GPU... with some extra VRAM on most of which won't be useable in scenarios where the core has enough grunt to be relevant - though some edge cases where 10-12GB would be useful.

The configuration of NVIDIA’s upcoming mid-range GPU called GeForce RTX 4060 Ti has now been confirmed through a Geekbench test. It is clear that board partners and NVIDIA have already sent out the samples to the media and influencers and the following results are most likely a first sign that the card is already being tested.

The CUDA output from Geekbench test lists 34 Multiprocessor Count (Streaming Multiprocessors), which confirms 4352 CUDA cores. The card with CUDA 8.9 compatibility also features 8GB of VRAM clocked at 18 Gbps. All of these specs were exactly like in the rumors. The card supposedly boosts up to 2.54 GHz.
The card scored 146170 points in CUDA Geekbench 5 test, which places it above RTX 3060 Ti, but not really much higher. The Geekbench software has already shifted to a newer version, so the public ranking does not show v5 results like in this leak. However, a brief look at the latest entries tells us that RTX 4060 Ti is at least 9% faster (compared to the highest score at around 138K points).

:cry:

It reminds me of my local football club - the more observant could tell things were going rotten but some were complacent and some even defended the owner despite him screwing over the club and fans and treating the fans with utter contempt - it took a long time to wake enough people up and get them on the same page to vote with their wallets and starve the owner out.

wow, that's bad, i was expecting at least 3070 performance and was hoping it was closer to 3070Ti. That's pretty disgraceful. Looks like I'll wait for price drops for the 4070 or maybe skip this generation altogether

Last edited:
Surprised to see the 4090 still in stock, the last drop they lasted around 12 hours, this drop it's been 24 hours so far.
Do people trust Nvidia when it comes to stock levels then? Not directing that at you specifically as it's more a general question.

It's just that i personally wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to create a sense of desirability by making it seem like they can't keep them in stock.

its more likely because you get free diablo 4 from retailers and afaik you dont get that buying a fe, so the £20 under fe price is more like £80 if you wanted d4 anyway

Last edited:
wow, that's bad, i was expecting at least 3070 performance and was hoping it was closer to 3070Ti. That's pretty disgraceful. Looks like I'll wait for price drops for the 4070 or maybe skip this generation altogether
It's PCIe 4.0 x 8 too (like the previous gen 3050) - so it's going to be slower still in PCIe 3.0 systems. It really is a wretched card.

Sadly it's the story of RTX4000 series, the architecture scales heavily with core count not clocks. Nvidia cuts cost by cutting core counts

Back
Top Bottom