• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

This is just sealed my original stance to go for the 4070, even though 12Gb really is starting to skim the lower bounds of VRAM acceptability. I doubt the 4060Ti 16Gb will be more than 1-2% faster than the 8Gb version, even if the 1% lows are much better overall it's not enough of a boost over my 3060, but the 4070 will be.

Also I do use Devinci Resolve quite a lot and i see myself using it even more in the future and the 4060Ti seems to fall apart with that application.

LLT is way to soft on this card in my opinion and Hardware unboxed has it pegged about right

Last edited:
Also I do use Devinci Resolve quite a lot and i see myself using it even more in the future and the 4060Ti seems to fall apart with that application.
GPU memory bus matters in productivity, as well as VRAM, the 128 bit bus won't be helping at all. In Davinci when I'm encoding I can see healthy GPU usage and a lot of the VRAM being utilised, the same goes for exporting in Lightroom - Heck 21GB VRAM being used to export is normal now!

GPU memory bus matters in productivity, as well as VRAM, the 128 bit bus won't be helping at all. In Davinci when I'm encoding I can see healthy GPU usage and a lot of the VRAM being utilised, the same goes for exporting in Lightroom - Heck 21GB VRAM being used to export is normal now!
I'm constantly surprised how well my 3060 does, no doubt helped by the 12Gb VRAM. It really doesn't seem to struggle much

Precisely why I needed a card with more than 8GB of Vram was for Lightroom usage. My old 1080TI had 11Gb and to be forced to use 8GB on a 3070 was galling for the short period I did.

Back
Top Bottom