• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

The solution is simple, just get a 4090 and call it a day for the next 6 years :p

Oh and hope your 12VHPWR doesn't melt :p

But,but my case might melt too! :(
I'm confused. Didn't you buy a 4070?
:)
Don't worry AMD will price the RX7600 $10 below the RTX4060,hence upselling the RTX4060 and RTX4060TI! :cry:

Last edited:
4070 is a great gpu, see hub review 90 score. Good upgrade from a 3060 ti, is the 4060.....

But the 4070 is bad for all the same reasons that the 4060 Ti is.

It's 3080 performance, two and a half years later for $99 less MSRP
The 4060 ti is 3070 performance, two and a half years later or $99 less MSRP

Last edited:
It won’t but it shows Nvidia are not doing quite as well as they’re making out.
I guess we'll see when the latest financial results are released Wednesday after hours. The share price has had a remarkable recovery. Whether it's justified or by way of surfing the AI wave/probable bubble we'll see.

Last edited:
But the 4070 is bad for all the same reasons that the 4060 Ti is.

It's 3080 performance, two and a half years later for $99 less MSRP
The 4060 ti is 3070 performance, two and a half years later or $99 less MSRP

We already have people saying the RTX4060TI is a great buy:

Today it's not vs 3060Ti but 4060 Ti 16 GB so that's an easy choice for Nvidia again.

I'm confused. Didn't you buy a 4070?
:)

Apparently the RTX4060TI 16GB now is the obvious choice,from someone else.

Raven has been partially redeemed!

Last edited:
4070 is a great gpu, see hub review 90 score. Good upgrade from a 3060 ti, is the 4060.....

Agree i don't
yoda-the-empire-strikes-back-28a7558.jpg

Getting excited, in 5 minutes we're going to have usual drop of a dozen videos and it's going to be fascinating. What order do you guys go in? I usually do LLT to get the overview then Gamers Nexus for a more detailed and cynical view of life :cry:

Last edited:
odd only got pings from derbauer and oc3d tv for reviews but nothing from anyone else.

Edit: Okay they're sifting through now, GN says to avoid the 8gb like the plague :cry:

Last edited:
I gave the cable a gentle wiggle and it black screened. I pulled the cable out and both the connector and the cable are fine. It does seem odd it would shut the card down with a very gentle wiggle.

IMG-4554.jpg

IMG-4555.jpg
That is quite funky, I guess it highlights that no matter what adapter or cable you use, 12VHPWR connectors are essentially flaky and Jay from J2C is right in that these connectors by design should have clips on each end, not just on the sensing pins side which then allows the whole thing to be able to be wiggled.

With heat cycles the connector will naturally wiggle over time as the plastic contracts and expands, so it is reasonable to assume that over time, this could post an issue as this happens over repeated heat cycles if there is some bend in the cable allowing some slack in the tension as the connector heats up and cools down vs a rigid cable fix ed in one direction and not allowing any slack so if the connector does heat up and cool down, it remains in-place.

This is why I don't want to check mine, I know it's firmly locked in place, and I know from past posts that these connectors have a limited number of connect and disconnects before the socket wears (iirc). So unless I see a black screen in games or something, then I'm more inclined to leave it be!

Maybe someone can come up with a clamp that goes around the whole card like a ribbon that locks the connector physically in pace like a cable tie meaning there is 0% chance of heat-cycle wiggle.... Did I just think up a solid business opportunity?!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom