• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
It's not really a smart choice because it's outrageously expensive, the smart choice is taking the £1500 you would spend on a 4090 and investing it into Nvidia, then waiting for the 50xx series, then selling your Nvidia profits to get the 50xx card for free
I did have the idea of just buying what I'd be interested in spending on a card today in bitcoin, then when the time looks right cash it out and buy the best MSRP release drop card I can snipe with it in the midst of the next GPU drought.

But this would be an unhinged level of forward planning for a piece of consumer electronics which I could have afforded anyway but chosen not to buy because of a strong sense of value.

Last edited:
Associate
Depends how prices are around the globe. Running a 4080 for a few days now; 4090 would have been around 60% more expensive overall for about 30% more performance. Add on top more potential noise and heat and high energy bill.
if its 30% more performance it can do the same task as the 4080 for 30% less effort so uses less power :p

Associate
What's 4090 should I be buying?

Suprim x/liquid/waterforce? Weighing up my choices.

I heard they have better cooling and overclocking capabilities? or should I just get whatevers available and spend the savings elsewhere?

Soldato
What's 4090 should I be buying?

Suprim x/liquid/waterforce? Weighing up my choices.

I heard they have better cooling and overclocking capabilities? or should I just get whatevers available and spend the savings elsewhere?
Get the cheapest one you like the look of and has a decent pcb/components and cooler. Performance wise there is nothing in it from basic model to top models.. just a factory oc that you can do anyways on a "basic" model.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
4slot THICC coolers incoming!!! :D
LH8pZiD.jpg
:eek:

Caporegime
But I thought it was understood from the bloke who's been repairing the cards who did that video about the problem that it's not a user issue and a manufacturing defect ?

The nvidia faithful seem to put it down to user error, the shouty repair guy even done a video about that msi psu and pointed out a few things about their fix. IMO the cable just seems far too fiddly, it doesn't seem to take much to rock it out of position even when its supposedly plugged in properly.

Not that I give a flying **** one way or the other really, nvidia just seemed to use this ***** wee connector as the sight of 4 pcie 8 pin power connectors was unappealing to them.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like your trolling style.
"1440p is horribly pixelated" bit of an odd thing to say IMO, the way some people talk is like as if even DVD was completely unwatchable.
If you wanted a high hz screen the earlier ones were 1080p so you didn't even have a choice between 1080p or even 1440p anyway.
Obviously higher resolution will be better up to a point, but "horribly pixelated" is clearly untrue.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
@4GB means 4GB Not sure that the 4090 really struggles in many games as you put it. Sure without DLSS things like CP2077 would have low frame rates but it’s pretty respectable with DLSS and every card, Nvidia or AMD has low frame rates with that game.

In general the 4090 barely breaks a sweat with most games at 4K.

Back
Top Bottom