• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Zotac have launched a new look card for the 4070 Ti Super, the Holo.

Caporegime
The fact remains that NVIDIA are priced high because you lot keep buying. Actions have consequences and moving the goal posts or justifying your purchase does not change that outcome. You lot are the problem, end of.

Don't disagree but what else can people do if they want/need an upgrade? At least nvidia keep on innovating and providing us with things first to the market and given their marketshare, they could absolutely do an intel if they really wanted but I don't think nvidia would be that stupid, not to mention, if they saw a big sway in marketshare, they could probably adjust things across the board to bring it back up again.

What's the alternative, "support" the underdog even if they aren't what you're after and are still taking the **** with their pricing? Whoever provides the product for your needs/wants and budget should get your money, leave morals and principals at the door as none of these companies are white knights. If that happens to be amd, well then surely there are options there for you to buy now?

If we had actual competition and amd were first to the market with their solutions rather than being several months or a couple of years behind nvidia, maybe nvidia wouldn't be able to charge what they do?

You need both people to vote with their wallet and competition to achieve what you're wanting. I don't agree with the pricing on any of the gpus hence why I'm sticking with my 3080 till next gen, the only gpu that is worth the money this gen is the 4090 but for me, I can't justify it, same as most others.

Apparently he's never heard of the 9700 or 9800 series in his 'never had a better gpu' spiel, though that was obviously long before his time. The 5 series amd had at the time of the 480 was also better than the nvidia equivalent, the 480 launched late, ran hot and was broken, was only like 10% or so faster after around a 6 or so month delay.

I was console before PC gaming so had no interest or knowledge in the pc scene. First PC gpu was the nvidia 8400 and then 8800 though.

The 5xxx series was great but again, it wasn't "better", it was better on the bang4buck and efficiency part as per all their other gpus. If people want the best performance and they're spending £££/££££, an extra £50-100 isn't a lot.... and as shown with rdna 3/ada, turns out the amd fans really don't care about efficiency after all despite claiming it as a win in previous rounds (same way nvidia fans also didn't care for efficiency back with the 480 but then when nvidia won here, the fans changed their mind) i.e. efficiency win is nothing more than fanboys just using it as a way to claim one gpu brand being better than the other.

Associate
Don't forget the extra £50 for white. ;)
Save £30 and go Gigabyte Aero.

Or the MSI Slim for the same reasonable £899.99.

Last edited:
Caporegime

I was console before PC gaming so had no interest or knowledge in the pc scene. First PC gpu was the nvidia 8400 and then 8800 though.

The 5xxx series was great but again, it wasn't "better", it was better on the bang4buck and efficiency part as per all their other gpus. If people want the best performance and they're spending £££/££££, an extra £50-100 isn't a lot.... and as shown with rdna 3/ada, turns out the amd fans really don't care about efficiency after all despite claiming it as a win in previous rounds (same way nvidia fans also didn't care for efficiency back with the 480 but then when nvidia won here, the fans changed their mind) i.e. efficiency win is nothing more than fanboys just using it as a way to claim one gpu brand being better than the other.
You were still wrong in your 'never had a better gpu' spiel, and that's my last word on it.

Associate
Am stil on a 3070 and would love a new card but the price of the 4070ti super is a joke to me {i have the money for the card} in 2 minds if to go for the 4080 super FE next week , but in back of my mine is are we close to the 5000 cards ........giving me a headache lol

Associate
Am stil on a 3070 and would love a new card but the price of the 4070ti super is a joke to me {i have the money for the card} in 2 minds if to go for the 4080 super FE next week , but in back of my mine is are we close to the 5000 cards ........giving me a headache lol
I would wait, as you never know, prices may come down, with the RTX 5000 series, after the tragedy that is the RTX 4000 releases.

Also, you never know Intel may surprise us. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Waiting until the 4080 Super before deciding what to do, £800 is too much for a 4070Ti Super.

Should be around £650-700 at the most, its nowhere near 4080 performance.

Jungle appears to be selling 4070 Supers labelled as 4070 Ti Supers for £660. They should punish the sellers for that.

Soldato
Things, however are not equal, at least at the high end. AMD can't compete with NVidia's best and are sorely lacking in RT performance. Maybe not everyone cares about things like RT but, when you're spending the thick end of four figures on a GPU, I think most people do.
AMD compete at every tier except the 4090. So unless you're in the market for one of those (and are thus a fraction of a percent of the gaming market), why does not being able to match the 4090 matter? Your lower-end Nvidia card doesn't perform any better because the 4090 exists. AMD are lacking in RT performance, but Nvidia are lacking in raster performance and VRAM at any given price point. The whole "no competition" thing is and always has been an excuse for people who will only consider Nvidia cards, but can't admit to themselves that they're a fanboy. It's been going on since long before RT and upscaling technologies were a thing. A decade ago it was "drivers" or "efficiency" (which may or not may not matter in any given generation, depending on whether Nvidia are ahead or not). There's always a good reason why people HAVE to buy Nvidia. Just like iSheep.

Caporegime
You were still wrong in your 'never had a better gpu' spiel, and that's my last word on it.

Post something to back up your statement then? Unless you're only taking efficiency and bang4buck into account then yes, you're right here, which I have already clearly stated in my "speil".... The 5xxx was also not free of driver problems either. Also, I'm ignoring things like physx too (personally wasn't a big pro for me but for some nvidia fans, they rated and still do rate it as one of the best things nvidia did even compared to the rtx stuff) and back then you probably had other things that kept nvidia fans from buying amd.

The 480 also aged better too:

AMD only sorted out their DX 11 performance like 1-2 years ago with that big driver update of theirs.

Caporegime
AMD compete at every tier except the 4090. So unless you're in the market for one of those (and are thus a fraction of a percent of the gaming market), why does not being able to match the 4090 matter? Your lower-end Nvidia card doesn't perform any better because the 4090 exists. AMD are lacking in RT performance, but Nvidia are lacking in raster performance and VRAM at any given price point. The whole "no competition" thing is and always has been an excuse for people who will only consider Nvidia cards, but can't admit to themselves that they're a fanboy. It's been going on since long before RT and upscaling technologies were a thing. A decade ago it was "drivers" or "efficiency" (which may or not may not matter in any given generation, depending on whether Nvidia are ahead or not). There's always a good reason why people HAVE to buy Nvidia. Just like iSheep.

Do they really though? As HUB and other reputable sites have stated, if you remove things like reflex, frame gen quality, RT, CUDA, upscaling, shadowplay/nvenc etc. then yeah they compete but if people want/use any of those things, well not really which is were hub summed it up perfectly, first go through a checklist to make sure you won't use any such features in order to rule out nvidia, which is the problem we have... Not sure why people who want or need such features/advantages makes them "isheep"? Just comes across like a fanboy statement when such claims are made.

Sure more vram is a valid point but as recently shown by DO, amd kind of need the extra vram due to whatever way they handle the load for vram, be it a design decision or just poor optimisation on their end, take your pick and as shown, vram hasn't saved any older gpus like the rdna 2 or 3090 where the grunt has **** itself (do agree though that 8gb is very poor in 2024 and I would advise people to avoid buying gpus with only 8GB going forward)

Raster, they're much the same really unless you only look at COD and no other raster titles.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great, exactly what Jensen wants, up-sell people just another £200 to a grand :cry: for a card with the same memory config and 15% faster. At this pint give your head a wobble and settle for the 4070s and wait for next gen.

Caporegime
i just bought a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER WindForce
for about 750 quid... which in Swedish prices is absolutely "fine" and RRP
fine not being "fine" its a rip, but that's as low as its gonna get.

Swedish Krona is dirt level money right now... and the 25% vat "really is good for green house gasses"

Back
Top Bottom