• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
That was a piece of non black background in the game scene, needed a clean dark area of scene so the figures were clear :p

Game is Still Wakes the Deep, but the same would apply to Hellblade 2 too as well (UE 5.4) which is similarly well optimised.

Thanks was just wondering what game was tested as you didn't state, next time maybe full screen screenshot so can see what it was rendering at the time too with the data so can see how intensive the scene was as you could look up at the sky or a wall and would read silly high FPS too.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Can't post screenshots until after Monday 2PM when the game launches :p

But given that's the average numbers over a 50 minute session (50 minute video at 5160x2160 of pure gameplay of that session is uploading right now too, it's 44GB of footage lol), you can easily ascertain what the average nominal framerate was if the average value shown above wasn't convincing enough :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there a way to show the current IDLE power consumption of an Nvidia card. On desktop, or just browsing the web / YouTube for example. I'm aware that GPUz shows all kinds of wattage usage, but is there something that shows total current power being used?

Soldato
At least get an x3d in there. The poor 5600 just doesn't have the legs for a 4090. :D
I've got a 5900X and even that bottlenecks the 4090FE in some VR games. I'll upgrade to the new processors when the 3D versions come out for a nice boost.
I could switch to a 5800X3D but I'd rather save the pennies for a full upgrade.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is there a way to show the current IDLE power consumption of an Nvidia card. On desktop, or just browsing the web / YouTube for example. I'm aware that GPUz shows all kinds of wattage usage, but is there something that shows total current power being used?
Have you tried hwinfo portable? Last time I looked, it had a lot of sensor data.

Associate
At least get an x3d in there. The poor 5600 just doesn't have the legs for a 4090. :D
In more and more games 5800x3D is also hitting a wall (usually just above 100fps) if one likes high FPS. 7k or 9k x3D will be the way to go for me - I'm waiting for benchmarks and release to judge, as 7k already seems fast enough currently and it's getting very reasonably priced.

Soldato
In more and more games 5800x3D is also hitting a wall (usually just above 100fps) if one likes high FPS. 7k or 9k x3D will be the way to go for me - I'm waiting for benchmarks and release to judge, as 7k already seems fast enough currently and it's getting very reasonably priced.
which games?

Associate
which games?
Plenty of examples, especially in more CPU demanding places but just to name a few - current WoW expansion in big cities, Riftbreaker often sits in heavy fights on just above 100 (7800x3d is considerably higher in same place), Home World 3 drops below 60 in heavier combat (I've seen below 30 in places), Horizon Forbidden West in most places hit my cpu limit before GPU does at around 100, etc. Sure, aside hw3 and wow the rest are still plenty playable but I like to get as close to my monitor refresh rate (175) as I can, because why not? :) RT games are also quite dependant on the CPU speed as in places GPU is waiting for CPU to finish the job, lowering final FPS.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got a 5900X and even that bottlenecks the 4090FE in some VR games. I'll upgrade to the new processors when the 3D versions come out for a nice boost.
I could switch to a 5800X3D but I'd rather save the pennies for a full upgrade.
I’m still on a 5800X with a 4090 and would have probably got a 5800X3D but the price would have needed to be under £200 to make me consider it.

The reality is it’s not much different in price to a 7800X3D despite that being much faster and on a better process so it just feels like the 5800X3D is a rip off at this point and there to try exact the maximum price for those trying to make a saving by staying on AM4.

Back
Top Bottom