• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

On games like Cyberpunk if you want to use RT, then it is a must. 3080 Ti here, with RT set to psycho and everything else ultra @ 3440x1440 it's in the low 20fps range to low 30s average. With DLSS enabled in Performance mode it's in the 70-75 fps range. With Gsync ultimate that fps feels like the smoothness of 100+ fps however on OLED so there is that bonus too.
We need some decent new AAA games though not rehashed old games like Cyberpunk and portal RTX, this doesn't exactly scream "I need to go out and spend £1700 to upgrade my GPU to replay cyberpunk".

We need some decent new AAA games though not rehashed old games like Cyberpunk and portal RTX, this doesn't exactly scream "I need to go out and spend £1700 to upgrade my GPU to replay cyberpunk".
There's Witcher 3 remastered too, but you're right, that's just another rehashed older game.

There's Witcher 3 remastered too, but you're right, that's just another rehashed older game.
Who knows maybe nvidia plan to bundle cyberpunk with the 4090 as that's all we seem to be seeing.

The 4080's will probably get cyberpunk and pacman RTX to soften the blow.

Last edited:
Nope but what it does mean is you can still get Cyberpunk cheap now and then early next year once the new DLC is out which is next gen only so will have a fresh new engine rework, can enjoy the new story with higher quality graphics with these tech features too.

See, those were the days where I feel games were developed properly and optimised in every possible way. It may not be the case, but it feels that these days everything is done for convenience, so hardware is just using brute force.

It certainly feels like this these days. I used to get excited about game releases back then but these days not so much, it takes a few years now for a release to mature at a playable state. Also, the hardware was cheaper too.

Last edited:
There are a good amount of games coming out next year with RT which no doubt nvidia will push for dialled up RT effects, my list of what I am looking forward to:

Games for myself which will have RT in 2023:

• suicide squad
  • avatar (ray tracing only like metro ee)
  • forspoken
  • stalker
  • ark 2 (not 100% sure on this but think I did see somewhere it would, that and nvidia had heavy partnership for the first game)
  • deliver us mars (deliver us the moon was a fantastic indie game)
  • black myth wukong
Probably are others, is there a new RE game next year? If so, can be guaranteed it'll have RT as well.

And also a few games left to come out this year with RT as well, main ones I am looking forward to is callisto protocol and gotham knights.

If I am skipping RDNA 3 as well, just hope the 3080 won't suffer too bad with maxed out RT!

Last edited:
It certainly feels like this these days. I used to get excited about game releases back then but these days not so much, it takes a few years now for a release to mature at a playable state. Also, the hardware was cheaper too.
I'm still waiting for this it's soon 2 years delayed... :rolleyes:

The whole industry is a mess, from pricing, to delays, to blatant lies and worse selling people not finished games and never ending updates and then trying to sell you none stop DLC to top it all off.

I'm still waiting for this it's soon 2 years delayed... :rolleyes:

The whole industry is a mess, from pricing, to delays, to blatant lies and worse selling people not finished games and never ending updates and then trying to sell you none stop DLC to top it all off.

Some of these triple A studios could learn a thing or two from these indie developers. Insurgency, Dinkum to name a few.

There are a good amount of games coming out next year with RT which no doubt nvidia will push for dialled up RT effects, my list of what I am looking forward to:

If I am skipping RDNA 3 as well, just hope the 3080 won't suffer too bad with maxed out RT!

I reckon you'll be fine maxed out at 1080p.

I found a 3090ti with no dlss getting between 50 and 60 fps so maybe 55 fps on average>

M

So on that basis a 4090 would be only 10% faster in native but the 4090 stomps it with DLSS enabled.

Makes no sense. Also the numbers don't sound right, I don't have a 3090ti but my 3090 with everything maxed at native 1440p doesn't get 60fps it gets 30 something I'll reinstall the game and check the benchmark again.

Edit: wccftech updated the article to say they benchmarked their MSI 3090ti Suprim and it got 35fps

Last edited:
It's still a 30 series GPU that's slightly faster than a 3090.

Yeah but its not worth £2000 if it needs compression magic to look like its actually 'better'. If you want proper raster performance lets see what the 7900XT offers and the real benchmarks by then will let us know what has improved especially as the power draw will also be higher.

average 48fps on 3090 ti,12900k.No dlss.1440P.Rt ultra( not psycho ) . With psycho is 43fps :)

i get the same score on my 3090 ti 12900k

But this is 1.6 version and performance is lower than on 1.5v

So guys you can compare.I wonder what score on 4090 will be.:)

Last edited:
Maybe, we'll have to wait for real benchmarks, so frustrating, but I'm getting a bad feeling.

It's possible that the AMD 7800XT/7900XT AIB cards are faster in pure raster, Nvidia cards faster in all scenarios with DLSS 3.0 on.

You can't blame Nvidia for using Cyberpunk, its probably the only scenario available where there is some clear water between AMD and Nvidia. They probably had other games in mind but they are delayed.

Would not be surprising if the AMD cards are all much slower in this scenario at 1440p.

Back
Top Bottom