• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Some have landed, but not yet paid for.

NVIDIA set pricing in USD, can't really hold them accountable for exchange rate and incompetence of governments and the crazy situation the world is in right now.

Lets face it 2022 and 2023 will be woeful years, war and recession is not going to make life easier. We can only hope war and recession swiftly ends and 2024 can see a recovery. The 2020's are off to a crap start, even worse for UK with Brexit creating further issues and our poor government. But Covid, War and recession incoming, lets just pray the war comes to an end and does not escalate further otherwise things will go downhill fast.

You're always doom and gloom when a new GPU comes out.
But then we see your thread about a new car you just bought :cry:

Man those £450 second hand 3080ti mining cards are becoming tempting now, lmao. Oh well, think I'll upgrade most of my system and hold out for a decent second hand card or just go console gaming. Saying that I find my other hobbies are taking up my free time at the moment.

You're always doom and gloom when a new GPU comes out.
But then we see your thread about a new car you just bought :cry:

Because the last few GPU's launches seem to be timed as the economy goes into freefall.

Were playing it safe and were also making it clear, if the pound goes above 1.14 next week the prices will come down, I will be happier and so will customers, unlikely to happen.

The cars I buy are in GBP thank god and second hand. :)

I think people are snapping them up quickly, TNA got a card which has been well tested by a forum member so I don't think he got such a bad deal.

edit: rare and captain seem like trustworthy people

Exactly he purchased a none mined on card too, the value of it is way higher in my book than a clapped out card ran 24/7.

No stock is paid for, also very little stock is landed yet, when stock lands we book in at a live rate minus 2 cents for safety. As such prices get updated daily on stock not yet landed or paid for. Pound keeps weakening, then prices will keep increasing. When we only have 6-8% margin to play with, we unfortunately don't have the luxury of not worrying about price as we simply don't have the margin buffer to swallow any cost movement due to exchange rate swings.

Pound recovers, prices go down.

If the rate was 1.40 or got back there then a 4090 would be £1399, so a solid £300 reduction on MSRP product, it has such a dramatic impact on high value items. If the pound does not recover the only other way the price can drop is if NVIDIA reduce the USD cost to buy.

I'd really hope that 1.10 is the bottom for the pound, it has been in decline for years against USD now at somepoint it has to at least stabilise as its having serious impact on everything.

its below 1.1 now. I can see it being closer to 1 before the 12th October. i presume your cheapest 4090 will be over £2000 then and Asus cards £2200?

I can see the gimped 4080 AIB cards coming in s at £1399 now

It certainly feels like this these days. I used to get excited about game releases back then but these days not so much, it takes a few years now for a release to mature at a playable state. Also, the hardware was cheaper too.

Early access and clearly unfinished games, coupled with disgusting hardware price gouging is putting me off PC gaming again. This is why I abandoned it previously, I only came back to PC gaming about 5 years ago and even then, prices felt high for GPU's like the 1080. Now it's being normalised by the likes of Nvidia and even AMD who seem to price their hardware just behind Nvidia. I'd love to know the actual manufacturing costs of a GPU, I get that these new wafers are expensive, so maybe the only real hope is intel as they own their own fab plants... however, based on their equally shady business practices there's little chance of them turning out to be a consumer saviour lol.

Fortunately I only really play a handful of games, so I'm not really bothered about frame rates on Civ 6 and all the other games support DLSS, so there's really no actual need for me to upgrade. I'll wait this generation out and if it's more of the same next gen, well, I'll ditch PC gaming and go back to console.

So the hunt is on for the cheapest 4090
For some. I want a top-end AIB model, and will only buy from Overclockers. Selling my 3090 will soften the blow.

Me an OC have more than a decade of history together and they've done some great stuff for me over the years from a customer service point of view. It pays to be good to us, because here I am, back two years after my 3090 purchase for a 4090.

Not really interested if it's slightly cheaper elsewhere. Don't care. Overclockers all the way.

its below 1.1 now. I can see it being closer to 1 before the 12th October. i presume your cheapest 4090 will be over £2000 then and Asus cards £2200?

I can see the gimped 4080 AIB cards coming in s at £1399 now

If it gets to 1 then an entry level 4090 costing us $1500 would mean its £1500 plus 6% margin and plus VAT, which means a new cost of £1909. The high-end OC models would then be like £2200-£2400 yes.

Best hope it does not get that low!

Exactly he purchased a none mined on card too, the value of it is way higher in my book than a clapped out card ran 24/7.

Just a thought, instead of people gloating about my cards better than your card, or I got mine for cheaper than you - ner ner; maybe some will reflect about the current market. Suddenly owning a card and being able to game on it for two years is better than being drawn into this limited supply nonsense again (with ludicrous prices again). Some were lucky and did a shuffle, others used alternative tactics and were lucky to mine in a bull run that lasted well over a year. I feel sorry for people that paid inflated prices and could not offset the cost, but if you don't need the hardware then don't pay these prices!

Back
Top Bottom