• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Where are these reports?
Never knew anyone had released data.

at stock it looks like 2.5ghz boost for FE and 2.65ghz boost for the upper tier 4080 models.

3ghz would be possible if the power-limits go up via a manual OC.

The timespy score thats been posted with a 4080 looks 40% quicker than a 3090ti which seems to confirm that the 4070 would have been as quick as the 3090ti at stock.

Last edited:
i had a zotac 3090 trinity. going by benchmarks it was 1 of the slowest 3090s, the 3080ti fe that replaced it was faster (both stock). also, despite my best efforts it just would not flash a new bios (i've had no problems doing this before with other cards). i will not buy a zotac 4090 trinity, personally.
I had a Zotac 2080ti and it developed deafening coil-whine after a couple of months. I like the look of the AMP AIRO 4090, but that experience has me still undecided on which AIB to go for...

Anyone interested in power supplies should watch this and pay attention to the things Jonny says, sure he works for Corsair now but the things he says are impartial and he will always be the PSU Guru.

I had a Zotac 2080ti and it developed deafening coil-whine after a couple of months. I like the look of the AMP AIRO 4090, but that experience has me still undecided on which AIB to go for...
i had no problems with my zotac 3090 but was just disappointed by its performance. that was the base model, i bet cards like the amp airo 4090 perform well. ah yeh i remember now i had a zotac 1080 amp extreme and that performed well and was reliable....so yeh mixed opinion from me on zotacs. if i go for an AIB (will only do so if FE's sell out) i want an AIB with 450W max output (there are a few) rather than 600W.

i had no problems with my zotac 3090 but was just disappointed by its performance. that was the base model, i bet cards like the amp airo 4090 perform well. ah yeh i remember now i had a zotac 1080 amp extreme and that performed well and was reliable....so yeh mixed opinion from me on zotacs. if i go for an AIB (will only do so if FE's sell out) i want an AIB with 450W max output (there are a few) rather than 600W.
If your 3090 performed to spec then it was hardly any slower than other 3090's in overall terms.

If your 3090 performed to spec then it was hardly any slower than other 3090's in overall terms.
idk if it performed to spec, it was just 5% or so lower than other cards benchmarks (stock vs stock). and as i said i could not flash it to raise the power limit. went to great lengths to do this but it just would not flash but i have seen others have flashed them so maybe it was something wrong with my pc or my method (but i tried all the guides to the exact letter).

Last edited:
Same, I’m really wanting to step in to VR, hopefully get a few extra frames in games like Star Citizen and think the 4090 should be perfect for it…

I just need to decide do I go for an FE and mount it upright in my case or go for the ZOTAC and vertically mount it.

I will wait and see but seems that Zotec are going to be about the only company that will be anywhere near the MSRP.
If, I can't get a FE edition then I will most likely give the 4000 series a miss until they start coming down in price and freely available.

I've sent off an email to zotac to make sure.

It does say on ocuk "1200W PSU recommended" :(
That's another £300
Zotac officialy recommends 1000W but zotac also says it is a 450W card.

Here's a hot take, maybe we have been looking at this all wrong?

The 4090 is so powerful as it's turning out that nvidia knew this, hence the price, because it's so powerful they know that anyone buying one will almost certainly skip the next generation or two, so lower sales numbers. WHat else can they market for the 5090/5080? I mean here we have a card that can do 120fps at 4K in the latest games like Cyberpunk (using DLSS obviously) - For most people that is peak gaming right there and 8K monitors aren't a thing let alone screens with VRR at that res.

I can see how nvidia will have seen the 4090 as a long haul card hence the pricing. I can only see a 4090 owner getting a 50 series if the power usage has dropped dramatically whilst still being more powerful or just as powerful as the 4090 - Otherwise what's the point in upgrading from a 4090 for 2 maybe 3 more generations at least?

Those on 20 series cards getting a 4080 16GB or 4090 will be in it for the long term, those on the 3080 12GB or greater has no real reason to upgrade unless 4K is their desire it seems.

Last edited:
Zotac officialy recommends 1000W but zotac also says it is a 450W card.

Glad I shot an email off to them.

Back
Top Bottom