• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Funny seeing Nvidia now making pro card makers push NVLINK while they remove it from Ada cards and still not seen any signs of it on Ada pro cards either. Seems they want Ampere to be the card for multi card workstations this generation only or they will release a Hopper based pro PCIE card.

This was from a few days ago from PNY.

They probably just struggled to make an NV Link cable long enough to stretch over the cooler, leaving a gap for air it's what a 5 PCIE slot gap?

Thing about scalpers is they have to be able to guarantee a shortage in order to be able to buy up and inflate the price. If a scalper scoops up ten 4090s but they never go out of stock, he's screwed.
thing is, they aren't. with distance selling regs they can just return them all for zero losses. There is no downside, you may as well attempt to scalp. so there probably still will be a shortage, even if it may not last as long

thing is, they aren't. with distance selling regs they can just return them all for zero losses. There is no downside, you may as well attempt to scalp. so there probably still will be a shortage, even if it may not last as long
If I were a scalper I wouldn't go near it. And I don't think scalpers will. If we see them appearing on eBay they won't sell. It's not 2020.

already pre scalped now from Nvidia so not much headroom for scalpers and no miners buying this time , so good luck trying to scalp why pay over the odds for FE when surely AIB's can be found from retailer

I think there may be some initial scalping, but it won’t by anywhere near like 2020/21. They demand isn’t going to be there. A lot of people back then invested in a PC because they had spare cash and not much else to do, loads of those people aren’t upgrading their pc again any time soon, and most people with a modern GPU won’t bother. Most people outside of the core enthusiasts aren’t interested in spending that kind of money on a GPU especially with this level of financial uncertainty.

They may sell out at first, but I can see stock being easily obtainable after the first wave.

Last edited:

So I got a response back from Bequiet about the above from the MSI Suprim. As they were saying on a blog post their top end PSU's were fine but looking at the pic, option B would have to be employed. Doesn't look like there adapter is going to be here for launch, better later than rushed though.

Dear Hostile_18,

thank you for taking the time to contact the be quiet! Customer care.

From what we know right now, that should be no problem.

We recommend to use the 12VHPWR cable which will be released within this month.

More information on our website: https://www.bequiet.com/en/insidebequiet/32

For further questions, you are welcome to contact us at any time.

With kind regards

Back
Top Bottom