• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I was under the impression nvidia had overproduced 30 series - if they're undersupplying to AIBs are they then shifting towards selling more as FE cards?
Overproduced when the demand created by mining started to decline, yes. I think they've just stockpiled a lot of the cores/memory that they ordered from before demand started to decline and they're trickling them out, both for AIBs and FE cards.

So even though Nvidia CEO and CFO said it was in an earnings call, that if they were misleading investors would result in severe consequences
Tbf they were actually fined for misleading investors on crypto-related sales in particular, for the previous GPU run, but the consequences were not really even a slap on the wrist comparatively, so the severity is far from a guarantee even if proven. So yes, they can & have demonstrated that they will mislead investors so long as they can chalk it up as just a cost of doing business where overall they profit massively from deception. Have yet to find cases of "severe consequences" being meted out rather than it just being a reduction in gain (not even a loss!) as a result, you can also see this happen all the time with banks & money laundering for example.

Pretty sure the content on his channel is fake, he posted fake 3000 series benchmarks last time a few days or so before launch.

I could be wrong but pretty sure it's this guy, not long to know for sure anyway.

Last edited:
I’ll be optimistic and say you’ll be able to purchase a 4090FE for at least 2 hours after launch.

Unless you’re an enthusiast who needs a 4090, the amount of people who have £1699 ready to drop on a card is pretty low.
Yes especially with inflation and the cost of living crisis a lot of people will be tightening the purse strings and nearly 2 thousand pounds on a graphics card will be too much for most people.

I was under the impression nvidia had overproduced 30 series - if they're undersupplying to AIBs are they then shifting towards selling more as FE cards?
They overproduced 4k series as well and were attempting to cancel, or at least delay their TSMC prod. orders for 4k series as mining was dying, but TSMC refused. NVIDIA seems happy enough to keep their warehouses full and slowly sell 3k series, together with 4k series, just to not drop any prices and not cud down their margins - is the point.

Yes especially with inflation and the cost of living crisis a lot of people will be tightening the purse strings and nearly 2 thousand pounds on a graphics card will be too much for most people.
Even without inflation it was too much for most people. Before mining £1k was too much (2080Ti sale numbers prove it as well).

They overproduced 4k series as well and were attempting to cancel, or at least delay their TSMC prod. orders for 4k series as mining was dying, but TSMC refused. NVIDIA seems happy enough to keep their warehouses full and slowly sell 3k series, together with 4k series, just to not drop any prices and not cud down their margins - is the point.
Such a plan would make more sense if they had zero competition. I mean, I guess they could just carry on and try to pretend AMD doesn't exist. (Like Intel did for years)

will i get much improvement converting from XSX TO 4090. i played cyberpunk on xsx and i could not stand resolution. i hope pc version is better
PS 10 years on forum and my first question asked, first post

Massive outlay to play an improved CP2077 but yep, it’ll run much better on a 4090, especially using DLSS.

That’s some serious forum lurking on your part!

Such a plan would make more sense if they had zero competition. I mean, I guess they could just carry on and try to pretend AMD doesn't exist. (Like Intel did for years)
I believe they never even mentioned any competition on earnings call. To them AMD seems to be insignificant.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the content on his channel is fake, he posted fake 3000 series benchmarks last time a few days or so before launch.

I could be wrong but pretty sure it's this guy, not long to know for sure anyway.
I like how youtube has no report button for "fake news/misleading videos"

Tbf they were actually fined for misleading investors on crypto-related sales in particular, for the previous GPU run, but the consequences were not really even a slap on the wrist comparatively, so the severity is far from a guarantee even if proven. So yes, they can & have demonstrated that they will mislead investors so long as they can chalk it up as just a cost of doing business where overall they profit massively from deception. Have yet to find cases of "severe consequences" being meted out rather than it just being a reduction in gain (not even a loss!) as a result, you can also see this happen all the time with banks & money laundering for example.
That's fair, although i will say the severity sort of depends on how much it effects investment decisions, stock prices, and that sort of thing. AFAIK when they mislead investors on the crypto thing it wouldn't have really changed their decisions on whether to invest or stuff like that, wasn't it along the lines of them not knowing how many GPUs they sold were going to crypto or something like that.
Well they (then ATI and Nvidia) reached a settlement with the class in 2008 and paid $850,000 into a $1.7 million fund, assumedly AMD paid the other half, for price fixing so it wouldn't come as a shock if they're back at it, $850k to make a law suit go away is chump change when you think about it.

Last edited:
Massive outlay to play an improved CP2077 but yep, it’ll run much better on a 4090, especially using DLSS.

That’s some serious forum lurking on your part!

Even though it's not a 1:1 comparison it's still somewhat valid: an XSX is 12tflops, a 4090 is 90tflops - essentially the 4090 is a monster compared to a XSX

3D Mark announces Speedway, a new next generation DX12 benchmark designed to test and stress next Gen GPUs and CPUs.

Coming 12 October

This one won't be free like Timespy and Firestrike, it costs $5 to get the new benchmark

Last edited:
3D Mark announces Speedway, a new next generation DX12 benchmark designed to test and stress next Gen GPUs.

Coming 12 October

not free dlc ?i have 3dmark advanced on steam

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom