• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

but but but but..... people said you would need to be upgrading to new psus too!!!!! :mad: Sound familiar @MissChief on your system using a 650w psu? :cry:

850watt Corsair psu right? Hmm, well Steve at GN who used a EVGA 1600W T2. Now I know they aren't playing CB in the same location.
But when you have Steve from GN showing @ 1440p roughly 135 FPS with DLSS and Ultra/RT while Steve at HUB only showing 145 FPS without RT (113fps with rt/dlss). Power is a factor in those benchmark results regardless of what area they decide to benchmark in (along with cpu).

That 4 pig tail adapter seems to used for load balancing. And, you do need all 4 of them to boost the frequency. Using only 3 results at baseline boost. Or, not having enough power IE: transient starved appears to do the same thing, lower boost frequencies.

But if you don't want to upgrade your psu and claim all is well (because it will work...you just wont get the best performance) by all means stick with the 850w HUB recommendation. LOL to those using 450-650w. But hey, anything is possible, right?
:cry:

Although I am not a real fan of GN. I do respect their power/temp analysis and benchmark results 150% over HUB. But hey, that's just me amiright?
:p

Edit:
used the 1080 instead of the 1440p. Corrected, thanks!!

Last edited:
That video i posted last night claims the 4090 fe is "limited edition", whether that refers to just the gimmcky display packaging or not i've no idea. Can't see nvidia only making a few then letting aib's graze away at people willing to throw 2 grand at them.

So was the FE 30 series and they are still being sold

I don’t believe this, sounds like classic rumour hype nonsense.

Nvidia will release a Super or Ti variant for certain. They won’t not have a refresh halo card over the next two years.

Considering the 4090 allows you to up the PL to 600W, and it spiked at 666W, Nvidia did say when they ran cards in their lab at 700-800W they melted PSU’s and even the GPU’s themselves, I’d say there’s not a lot of scope for more power hungry cards.

Possibly faster VRAM and a slight power increase might enable them to squeeze in a 4090Ti but it would appear unable to pull much more power than the 4090 does before causing problems.

Mainly play on 1440P ,games Watch Dogs Legion,Far Cry 6,Control . Is any sense to change to 4090 from 3090 ti ? cpu 12900k no bottleneck?

• Afrikaans: Nee (nee-uh)
  • Arabic: لا or La (lah - “a” as in “yacht”)
  • Bengali: না or Nā (nah - “a” as in “yacht”)
  • Dutch: Nee (nay)
  • French: Non (noh)
  • German: Nein (nine)
  • Greek (modern): Όχι or óchi (oh-hee)
  • Hausa: A’a (ah-ah - “a” as in “yacht”)
  • Hindi: नहीं or Hahin (nah-heen - “a” as in “yacht”)
  • Italian: No (noh)
  • Japanese: いいえ or iie (ee-eh)
  • Malay: Tidak (dee-dah - “a” as in “yacht”)
  • Mandarin Chinese: 不是 or bù shì (boo-shih)
  • Nepali: होइन or Hoina (hoh-eye-nuh)
  • Polish: Nie (nyeh - “e” as in “net”)
  • Portuguese: Não (now)
  • Punjabi: ਨਹੀ or Nahi (nah-hee - “a” as in “yacht”)
  • Romanian: Nu (new)
  • Russian: Нет (Nyeht)
  • Quechua: Mana (mah-na - “a” as in “yacht”)
  • Spanish: No (noh)
  • Swedish: Nej (nay)
  • Telugu: or Ē (ay)

Considering the 4090 allows you to up the PL to 600W, and it spiked at 666W, Nvidia did say when they ran cards in their lab at 700-800W they melted PSU’s and even the GPU’s themselves, I’d say there’s not a lot of scope for more power hungry cards.

Was that not some random waffle from that moores law channel? I can't see nvidia saying that about their cards.

I don’t believe this, sounds like classic rumour hype nonsense.

Nvidia will release a Super or Ti variant for certain. They won’t not have a refresh halo card over the next two years.
it's that MLID idiot claiming it and starting more rumours to get views

However, according to a recent source, the model has been shelved for the time being. The problems associated with the GPU include tripping circuit breakers, melting PSU units, and even themselves.

Right ofcourse a 4090ti was tripping breakers in Nvidia engineering lab.... OKAY DOOOD.... the quicker people stop listening to that moores law click baiter lying idiot the better, he is like jay from the inbetweeners

Last edited:
Was that not some random waffle from that moores law channel? I can't see nvidia saying that about their cards.

It was the Nvidia engineer that stated it on the GN preview video. He was one of the engineers involved with designing the FE cooler.

A lot of reviews I'm seeing are failing to account for bottlenecking when presenting their average percentage gain over 3090/3090ti. HU and TPU are two I've just been looking at in detail, and there are a whole bunch of games that are being CPU or engine bottlenecked at 4K, and yet they are just plugging those numbers into the average.

Don't believe me, go have a look at the chart? They're including games with 10-20% gain over 3090 that are engine or CPU bottlenecked at 4K, and including those in their calculation for average performance gain.

Point is they didn't expect to see this and haven't had time to adapt their methodology, which is completely broken when you have games hitting their non-GPU bottlenecks at 4K. Go look at the chart for Borderlands 3 at TPU for an example, but there are many.

So it's not 45% and not 60% over 3090 at all. It's more like 80-100% over when you exclude bottlenecked titles.

Pretty egregious oversight from these reviewers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom