• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Game engines are going to find ways of using all that GPU compute before too long...I wouldn't worry too much if you're gaming on a high refresh rate monitor (i.e. 144hz+) with a resolution north of 1440p..a 4090 will make a big difference. If you have a high end Intel SKU from the last few years, or a high end 5000 series AMD CPU it's probably not worth a CPU upgrade until Meteor Lake (the intel architecture after Raptor Lake/13xxx which is really just a refined version of Alder Lake) or later.

Associate
Just keep you eyes opens on various websites as I have seen them in stock a few times overs the last couple of days only issue is aib cards are north of £2000 in all place's I have seen apart from the FE which you can get for £1700 if you are lucky. Overclockers had a batch of Asus Tuf cards yesterday ( £2050 ) but all sold within 5 minutes of being listed so you need to be quick .

Soldato
Game engines are going to find ways of using all that GPU compute before too long...I wouldn't worry too much if you're gaming on a high refresh rate monitor (i.e. 144hz+) with a resolution north of 1440p..a 4090 will make a big difference. If you have a high end Intel SKU from the last few years, or a high end 5000 series AMD CPU it's probably not worth a CPU upgrade until Meteor Lake (the intel architecture after Raptor Lake/13xxx which is really just a refined version of Alder Lake) or later.

Or Zen4 3d ?

Associate
Graphics score is 19465 is that about right for this card ? CPU is 7170
If card is stock that is pretty much bang on the money what they do 19500 , overclock the card and can get it up to 22000. We have a benchmark thread on this forum if you want to compare against others :) A 3080 score 9239 so with your 4090 you have over double the performance at 4K , you are 100% bottlenecked at 1440p ( Timespy standard) which is why you wont notice much difference compared to your 3080.

I noticed you have put a post up there but you are were running the normal version on your 1st run which goes in this thread .

Last edited:
Associate
Or Zen4 3d ?
Zen4 3D will probs be the fastest gaming chip out there but my guess would be not that much faster than Zen3 3D or Raptor Lake. Meteor Lake will be a new socket, platform, P-Core/E-Core architecture and process node, and probably a year earlier than Zen5. Progress in CPU is waaaayyy behind the gains seen in GPU in the last 10 years though and with gaming so dependent on single core performance I can't see CPU playing catch up.

Associate
Went on Ebay earlier and some bloke was welling 5 4090's all different models also looked at his past auctions and it was PS5's and Xbox's i just thought what a ****** i know its not illegal but its morally wrong.

Soldato
Went on Ebay earlier and some bloke was welling 5 4090's all different models also looked at his past auctions and it was PS5's and Xbox's i just thought what a ****** i know its not illegal but its morally wrong.

I fully believe we need a law that states electronics should not be able to be resold for higher than the manufacture MSRP

We have one like this for tickets, which prevents ticket scalping for sports events/concerts etc and it needs to apply to all electronics as well

Last edited:
Associate
I fully believe we need a law that states electronics should not be able to be resold for higher than the manufacture MSRP

We have one like this for tickets, which prevents ticket scalping for sports events/concerts etc and it needs to apply to all electronics as well
Are the scalpers sitting in OCUK headquarters in that pool of slime/snakes? Should be.

Anyhoo. Can I send my "Geforce invite" link to a friend in order for them to use it to procure a FE 4090?

Last edited:
Caporegime
So what are the odds nivida will further reduce prices of remaining 30xx series inventory before November 16th? Gonna look pretty dumb having current pricing sitting side by side with a faster, newer generation of cards. I know the 3080ti and 3090ti are currently on "offer" at the minute, just wondering if there's much potential for them to drop much further just to clear the shelves for the new series.

I think this is the first launch in a while where theres still FE variations of the previous gen available on their store as well as a new gen 4090 FE.

Last edited:
Soldato
So what are the odds nivida will further reduce prices of remaining 30xx series inventory before November 16th? Gonna look pretty dumb having current pricing sitting side by side with a faster, newer generation of cards. I know the 3080ti and 3090ti are currently on "offer" at the minute, just wondering if there's much potential for them to drop much further just to clear the shelves for the new series.

I think this is the first launch in a while where theres still FE variations of the previous gen available on their store as well as a new gen 4090 FE.

Depending on how AMD price their new cards, Nvidia may not have a choice when it comes to Ampere.

Soldato

The 4080 isn't much faster though.

Caporegime

Didn't nvidia claim in the region of 2-4x faster, game dependant? It also has the dlss 3 advantage which people will see as a plus point as the 30 series have been locked out of that (which obviously plays a big part in their performance claims).

Soldato
Right but why isn’t 1440p also handled by the GPU, I mean if 4K (so 3840 x2160) isn’t CPU bound as the GPU is doing the heavy lifting why isn’t that the case with 1440p or am I misunderstanding something (high likely!)

Because its processing more frames than the cpu can keep up with, its being held back. Its like putting a ferrari engine in a morris minor it isn't going to go 200+mph because the transmission and the tyres can't handle it. 4k with all the extra pixels to drive is like throwing out a parachute.

Last edited:
Associate

We don't know exactly what it is right now. If it's a similar price but somewhat faster and with new features like DLSS3, AV1, 16Gb VRAM, etc. It could mean a moderate price drop for whatever 3080Ti/3090 stock is still waiting to sell. And AMD will be announcing its new lineup in November.

Last edited:
Caporegime
We don't know exactly what it is right now. If it's a similar price but somewhat faster and with new features like DLSS3, AV1, 16Gb VRAM, etc. It could mean a moderate price drop for whatever 3080Ti/3090 stock is still waiting to sell. And AMD will be announcing its new lineup in November.

True, so gonna hold off til then, running a 290x at the mo and even certain vids its hitching on, would prefer an nv card as i mess with video editing quite a bit as well and most programs seem to like using cuda for rendering acceleration.

Back
Top Bottom