• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
That only changes the default fan profile. Shouldn't affect performance too much. My (for now) 81st highest single gpu timespy extreme graphics score was done with the suprim x quiet bios.
No idea but it makes a difference for me in this game, Just went and tried quiet mode and it locks my fps at 25-30 max
Guys any idea why my suprim 4090 is only getting 16k in port royal!? 3900x 32gb ddr4 850w PSU.
Make sure you have Bio switch on the side of card to gaming, people say it just controls fans I don't believe that is the case because since I changed that I am getting more fps on some games

Associate
No idea but it makes a difference for me in this game, Just went and tried quiet mode and it locks my fps at 25-30 max

Make sure you have Bio switch on the side of card to gaming, people say it just controls fans I don't believe that is the case because since I changed that I am getting more fps on some games
I had to switch mine to gaming instantly as silent would make my PC freak out and go all fans 100%

Associate
Hi, been lurking here for awhile and really pleased to see most of you are happy with your new 4090’s. I am really in a muddle as to whether it’s worth the upgrade from my current 3090, I am running an i9 X intel cpu and so am curious to know if I will see some of the big gains the 4090 seems to be capable of over the previous generation. I want one (especially the FE if it ever comes back in stock) but I am not sure I need one! I know, nice problem to have! Anyone coming from a 3090 seen huge improvement?

Soldato
Hi, been lurking here for awhile and really pleased to see most of you are happy with your new 4090’s. I am really in a muddle as to whether it’s worth the upgrade from my current 3090, I am running an i9 X intel cpu and so am curious to know if I will see some of the big gains the 4090 seems to be capable of over the previous generation. I want one (especially the FE if it ever comes back in stock) but I am not sure I need one! I know, nice problem to have! Anyone coming from a 3090 seen huge improvement?

Save your money and wait for the 5 series.

Soldato
I came from a 3080ti. Its barbaric how fast it is. Huge improvement

Associate
It’s a big improvement over the 3090 but the 3090 was decent anyway. The big gains are if you are a VR gamer as the extra horsepower really helps with that.

Soldato
It’s bottle necked with 9900K 10900k and X series was worse than those for gaming due to mesh so I would be careful.

Associate
I am getting anywhere from a 60%-100% uplift in 4k native performance in the games i play compared to my 3090 Strix . On Elden Ring i now play at 8K with DLDSR and will hold a solid 60FPS while looking absolutely stunning , i don't even used DLSS anymore where as on the 3090 i needed it for 4k 120fps most of the time... for 4K it really is a night and day difference BUT 1440p the gains are nowhere near as big as you are CPU limited almost all the time or at least will be with your processor :)

Associate
I am getting anywhere from a 60%-100% uplift in 4k native performance in the games i play compared to my 3090 Strix . On Elden Ring i now play at 8K with DLDSR and will hold a solid 60FPS while looking absolutely stunning , i don't even used DLSS anymore where as on the 3090 i needed it for 4k 120fps most of the time... for 4K it really is a night and day difference BUT 1440p the gains are nowhere near as big as you are CPU limited almost all the time or at least will be with your processor :)
Right, stupid question time! Why is it that 1440p is cpu bound but 4K isn’t?

Back
Top Bottom