• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
In so far as if nvidia are offering you simply a 4090 for >£1700 (have also unreleased one) and yet to buy the real 4080 for £1050 the choice of the hobbyist is not only limited but also about double what was from previous gens (think about the 1080 for £620, 2080 for £680, 3080 for £649). Some folk might be happy about that, but I think the majority will not be! :)
i do think it is expensive yes but literally everything has gone up. i bought a motorbike last april for roughly double what i would have paid 5-7 years ago. it's the way everything is going. look at food and energy prices. and like i said, i paid just under £1700 for a 3090 in 2020 brand new from amazon. i've just paid virtually the same for a lot more performance and my gaming has a new lease of life. do i wish they were cheaper? ofc i do. but i'm still happy with my purchase i'll get a lot of use out of it. i just sold my old 3080ti for £800 so that helped.

Soldato
I find it depressing the way that NO ONE seems to have made any effort for this release to stop scalpers, low stock and over-pricing. You'd think they had enough warning. It's true that the price being what it is has reduced scalping, but I see no evidence that any new measures in place. The only thing that seems to have happened is NVIDIA and the retailers are now scalping instead of the scalpers!

The market will deal with the scalpers. I just don't think there are as many FOMO buyers as they are gambling there will be. That's why there is more and more scalper stock, piling up, drop after drop.

Last edited:

Rup

Rup

Associate
Anyone tried the curve voltage optimiser in afterburner? Any good?
Trying it out now, takes about an hour to run :(

Last edited:
Soldato
That doesnt mean you have to accept it!

Look at the 3090Ti release. Within weeks it had been slashed to £1200 so that shows you the insane markup they were gouging from the start!

Nvidia has lost most of them buyers because after paying for it £1879 for an FE and then gets slashed to £1149 a few weeks later at an instant loss of £730 they all did this :-

bruLrZB.gif

and ones that survived it well now own a 4090 and then will buy a 4090ti and will never effect them the price.

X80 class buyers have been hit the hardest this time as they are now basically two times the price.... from £650 to now £1269.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
no there are four additional sense pins..

and ones that survived it well now own a 4090 and then will buy a 4090ti and will never effect them the price.

i doubt if you'd have a 4090 ti this generation, because of already obscene power ratings.. a titan perhaps might be released, but they wont market it for performance rather they would pair it with 48gb vram and position it for machine learning hobbyists working on large datasets, i dont feel the "bonafide" leakers have got this right

Last edited:
Caporegime
X80 class buyers have been hit the hardest this time as they are now basically two times the price.... from £650 to now £1269.. :rolleyes:

Yup, it may be faster and have more ram but basically 2x the price from 2 years ago? Give it another year or 2 and these will be £1500 minimum with how things are going. Utter pisstake.

Caporegime
its daylight robbery though i can still digest nvidia's pricing because its a gpu, but somehow i dont see amd getting the same amount of flak for zen 4 motherboards, could we call this favoritism?

Depends what market you're in, looking for a gpu or a motherboard, seen plenty of comments on different forums about the zen 4 mobo pricing.

Last edited:
Associate
a motherboard for me has the same importance as glue when used in furniture while a gpu is supposed to be the actual furniture.. and thats generally how people look at motherboards, but if people are okay buying 100$ cable packs, we shouldnt be even having this discussion :D

Last edited:
Soldato
its daylight robbery though i can still digest nvidia's pricing because its a gpu, but somehow i dont see amd getting the same amount of flak for zen 4 motherboards, could we call this favoritism?

production reduced and prices will come down next. AMD4 motherboards and even the intel boards are silly prices for the ddr5 pcie 5 boards.

Rup

Rup

Associate
Anyone tried the curve voltage optimiser in afterburner? Any good?
Trying it out now, takes about an hour to run :(
Ok tried it, seems pretty good. Bit more speed on the core, still cool and power draw well below 400w.
Also +200 on the mem.

Soldato
Nvidia has lost most of them buyers as after paying for it £1879 for an FE and then gets slashed to £1149 a few weeks later at a instant loss of £730 they all did this :-

bruLrZB.gif

But the hardest hit will be mainstream and entry level gamers,because the RTX4050 and RTX4060 will be based on a relatively worse dGPU. As result the generational increase(compared to the RTX4090) is most likely to be less and the dGPUs will cost much more too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
200w.gif

Associate
I find it depressing the way that NO ONE seems to have made any effort for this release to stop scalpers, low stock and over-pricing. You'd think they had enough warning. It's true that the price being what it is has reduced scalping, but I see no evidence that any new measures in place. The only thing that seems to have happened is NVIDIA and the retailers are now scalping instead of the scalpers!
I still don't understand how it works i was waiting on the Nvidia site just before 2pm on release day and as soon as it went live boom out of stock the only way anybody got one on launch day must have been using a bot.

Caporegime
I still don't understand how it works i was waiting on the Nvidia site just before 2pm on release day and as soon as it went live boom out of stock the only way anybody got one on launch day must have been using a bot.

Was the exact same for the 3080 launch, it instantly went out of stock and that was it. Apparently the leaders in ai can't figure out hows to stop bots on their site...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom