• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I do wonder what they will charge for the 90 degree adapter, I wonder if it's going to be silly money due to the absolute panic gate that's happening.
No they won't be charging the earth for it , I assume around £20 which is still bloody expensive for what it is but can't see them charging more than that , issue will be if they make enough of them.

No they won't be charging the earth for it , I assume around £20 which is still bloody expensive for what it is but can't see them charging more than that , issue will be if they make enough of them.
Fingers crossed. I did see a post on reddit with CableMod Alex ( I think it was ) saying that they have enough stock to satisfy all orders, so fingers crossed that is true. Sorry I found my post and their exact words were

" “We’ll be locked and loaded and ready for however many orders come in.”" - https://www.reddit.com/r/lianli/com.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

God damn it was CableMod Matt, my brain really is frazzled today lol.

Last edited:
$30 for a cosmetic cable that allows you to hide the nvidia 4 power cables to 16pin only, that's still not safe if it is the nvidia adapter, the proper cable is $99 from psu to gpu.
I can't see a cable for $99/€99 just the whole kit which I have linked below, included in that is 24pin atx , molex, 8 pins , 6 pins , 12vhpwr to 8 pin and a few others .. basically a complete replacement set of cables for a psu :)

I will wait for der8auer's WireView.
I actually think that looks cool as hell. I think I'll buy the cablemod one until it comes out, I'm so clumsy and with the bad weather and the cats loving to shake themselves next yo my PC it's the safer option I think.

I can't see a cable for $99/€99 just the whole kit which I have linked below, included in that is 24pin atx , molex, 8 pins , 6 pins , 12vhpwr to 8 pin and a few others .. basically a complete replacement set of cables for a psu :)

The so called kit is very confusing there, they need to show all the cables included , even looking at that it looks like either a 3x 8pin to 16pin or a 4 x 8pin to 16pin, so they are not cables from psu to gpu they are extension cables only ? to hide the nvidia adapter or the original psu cables ?

You need to use the configurator to see the direct PSU > GPU cable. https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/

1. Choose "Custom PSU Cables"
  2. Then pick your PSU from the dropdowns
  3. Choose "modflex" unless you want a stiff cable (oo eer)
  4. Then choose "Pro" - classic won't give you the 12vhpwr connector options
  5. Finally, pick the cable you want e.g. 16 Pin Micro-Fit to 4x8-pin PCI-E Cable for NVIDIA 4090 600W (GPU)

You can specify the length but by default it's 600mm. Final price is around £39 without shipping.

It's expensive for what it is but then so are most custom cables!

Last edited:
You need to use the configurator to see the direct PSU > GPU cable. https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/

5. Finally, pick the cable you want e.g. 16 Pin Micro-Fit to 4x8-pin PCI-E Cable for NVIDIA 4090 600W (GPU)

You can specify the length but by default it's 600mm. Final price is around £59 without shipping.

Yeah I got a custom one for my 3080ti. Can't fault the quality but you really have to pay for it...

I honestly think I’m just going to set my power limit to 70-80% until I get a cable mod cable. I benchmarked a few games last night and also timespy and lost about 5% performance and didn’t draw more than about 360w.
Probably a smart move. I’m going to switch my card into a vertical mount so there’s no bend on the power cable and wait until I can get the seasonic vertex with right angle connector in December then move back to a horizontal mount.

I honestly think I’m just going to set my power limit to 70-80% until I get a cable mod cable. I benchmarked a few games last night and also timespy and lost about 5% performance and didn’t draw more than about 360w.

Probably a smart move. I’m going to switch my card into a vertical mount so there’s no bend on the power cable and wait until I can get the seasonic vertex with right angle connector in December then move back to a horizontal mount.

I would probably do that. I tend to play for long periods of time so I usually have the settings to reduce power (mainly to stop everything running too hot). And especially when electricity is so expensive you don't really want a card using half a kilowatt all day long!

The so called kit is very confusing there, they need to show all the cables included , even looking at that it looks like either a 3x 8pin to 16pin or a 4 x 8pin to 16pin, so they are not cables from psu to gpu they are extension cables only ? to hide the nvidia adapter or the original psu cables ?
Agree the lack of description of what your actually getting is a bad move on cablemod , should be clearly listed what's included as from a quick glance and reading the description sound like it is just for the one cable but is a whole kit for sure, yep it's the same cable we all got so a direct to gpu lead with 8 pins one end and 12vhwpr on the other side ... not sure they are doing a complete 12vhwr cable yet but will assume they will once more psu are released that support it .. for now they just offer the all in one lead or do also offer extension like the nvidia cable.

You can specify the length but by default it's 600mm. Final price is around £39 without shipping.

I got a ready made one in black and blue ( same as my other cablemode cables ) and they sell them without having to use the configuration page , price was £34 delivered to UK for the 3x8pin to 12vhwpr , 4x8pin version will cost a little more . All prices may go up or down depending how our pound is doing :cry:

New driver version out 526.47.

I only just found out I can make a custom-looking cable, god damn. New controller cable and GPU cable and the adapter -.-

Last edited:
Cablemod site is so bad
- cable kit doesn't specify if it's 2/3/4 8pin to 16pin
- premade is only 3 or 4 8pin to 16pin (guessing 3 x 8 will limit to 450w) (corsair psu's allows 2x8pin to 16pin to work up to 600w)
- premade are splicing cables down over the length to effectively 2x6 + traces at GPU and a total spaghetti monster at the PSU end
- custom cable is about £55 with potential import costs (corsair cable is £25 delivered but plain black)

Last edited:
Cablemod site is so bad
- cable kit doesn't specify if it's 2/3/4 8pin to 16pin
- premade is only 3 or 4 8pin to 16pin (guessing 3 x 8 will limit to 450w) (corsair psu's allows 2x8pin to 16pin to work up to 600w)
- premade are splicing cables down over the length to effectively 2x6 + traces at GPU and a total spaghetti monster at the PSU end
- custom cable is about £55 with potential import costs (corsair cable is £25 delivered but plain black)
3x8pin version supply's 600w no issue at all and cost £34 delivered to UK with import charges Inc

Ignore the minimum spend , many of us have purchased them at £34 including delivery and import charges
still 42 euro I'd rather buy a new psu at that price for a single cable.

I've had no problems with my stock cable anyway, doesn't feel any hotter than the backplate when playing cyberpunk.

How are people getting £34 delivered?
KG8SYGq.jpg

Current exchange rate puts that at £36.99 but debit cards probably have a fee for foreign currency and I'm guessing paypal or wherever has worse than live rates.

Why can't cablemod just use amazon like normal people, no doubt they could still sell them for €24.90 but postage would be way less

Last edited:
still 42 euro I'd rather buy a new psu at that price for a single cable.

I've had no problems with my stock cable anyway, doesn't feel any hotter than the backplate when playing cyberpunk.
Not going to be a very good psu at €42 ;) I swapped to a cablemod as I have the rest of their leads and the cable nvidia supplied is an awkward load of crap. I can't see the issue in paying £35 for a cable to power a GPU that cost over £1700, if you are struggling to get that £35 then surely shouldn't be buying a £1700 gpu . Yes Nvidia should have got it right from the start but a new cable isn't the end of the world :)

Back
Top Bottom