• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
still 42 euro I'd rather buy a new psu at that price for a single cable.

I've had no problems with my stock cable anyway, doesn't feel any hotter than the backplate when playing cyberpunk.

How are people getting £34 delivered?
KG8SYGq.jpg

Current exchange rate puts that at £36.99 but debit cards probably have a fee for foreign currency and I'm guessing paypal or wherever has worse than live rates.

Why can't cablemod just use amazon like normal people, no doubt they could still sell them for €24.90 but postage would be way less

Go and look on the forest.
Sky high prices from cablemod

Last edited:
Associate
.... obviously not but 42 euro is a huge chunk of the actual cost of a new psu and you get the wire with it
i imagine the only psu that will come with the cable will cost north of £150 as will be the new atx 3.0 type , surely a new cable for £35 is better than a whole new psu :confused:

Associate
As previously said, PC gaming is a luxury, nothing more. If people want to spend additional money on a cable they can do, it's a nonissue.

See this with most new product launches, people who will never buy the item wanting a say. Confuses me.

Associate
Not going to be a very good psu at €42 ;) I swapped to a cablemod as I have the rest of their leads and the cable nvidia supplied is an awkward load of crap. I can't see the issue in paying £35 for a cable to power a GPU that cost over £1700, if you are struggling to get that £35 then surely shouldn't be buying a £1700 gpu . Yes Nvidia should have got it right from the start but a new cable isn't the end of the world :)
i dont see any value in a cable that costs that much given the card has a lifespan of not more than 2 years and theres good chance that the 12VHPWR specs would be reworked so..

A new PSU for 42 EUR? Lulz...
maybe he was talking abt how the cable ONLY costs 25% of the value of a good quality PSU

Reactions: Rup
Permabanned
Not going to be a very good psu at €42 ;) I swapped to a cablemod as I have the rest of their leads and the cable nvidia supplied is an awkward load of crap. I can't see the issue in paying £35 for a cable to power a GPU that cost over £1700, if you are struggling to get that £35 then surely shouldn't be buying a £1700 gpu . Yes Nvidia should have got it right from the start but a new cable isn't the end of the world :)

The issue is that the supplied cable is very very bad/dangerous. Not that you can just buy another cable anyway.

Soldato
As previously said, PC gaming is a luxury, nothing more. If people want to spend additional money on a cable they can do, it's a nonissue.

See this with most new product launches, people who will never buy the item wanting a say. Confuses me.
I only ever changed cables out for aesthetic reasons so it matches my build theme. At the time i could afford to throw £100 on new cables and not bat an eyelid tbh. Different story now though.

Associate
Hello. I will be buying Gigabyte Rtx 4090 Gaming OC. But is this worth and safe? I will be using adapter from card to plug.
My psu is Seasonic 1300W Prime Platinum.

Here read pls:

Do i will be have issues? or not?

Associate
i dont see any value in a cable that costs that much given the card has a lifespan of not more than 2 years and theres good chance that the 12VHPWR specs would be reworked so..

maybe he was talking abt how the cable ONLY costs 25% of the value of a good quality PSU
If you don't see any value in it then its not for you then, why do you only think it will have a life span of 2 years ? You think Nvidia are going to go back to 8 pins now ?

Man of Honour
The issue is that the supplied cable is very very bad/dangerous. Not that you can just buy another cable anyway.

I'm not discrediting anything that's been reported but the supplied cable isn't very very bad/dangerous. It has potential to be. There's been a number of videos now from people TRYING to make it break or die, and they've been unable to do so. There are obviously some cables that have defects, but for the majority, they seem to be fine for now. That all may change and they all may eventually fail at some point, but right now, given the thousands of cards out there, there's only been 4 reported failures, it's not a big number

Reactions: Rup
Associate
The supplied cable is a bad design yes and a load of crap to try and cable manage but personally never had an issue with it and not melted the plug in over 2 weeks of use ... you can buy replacement cables from either the psu manufacturer or cablemod and probably other shortly. Do you have a 4090 and have you had an issue with yours if so ?

Associate
If you don't see any value in it then its not for you then, why do you only think it will have a life span of 2 years ? You think Nvidia are going to go back to 8 pins now ?
no i was just commenting that your original comment doesnt apply to the universe of enthusiasts.. there are enthusiasts who would still maximize value for money
also i meant the card has a lifespan of 2 years because i would be upgrading to 5090s in 2024 without fail
thats also the reason i dont bother with EK blocks and similar stuff
regarding the connector it has an even shorter lifespan because they may rework the pin dimensions under atx 3.1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom