• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
RTX 4090 burn 230V in Turkey. Turkish People buys 3000 series. 4000 series is not compatible for Turkish electric frequency.
Turkey has the same nominal voltage as the UK, 230V. Not that your mains voltage makes any difference as the appropriate power supply for your country will output at the required 12V for the RTX 4090.

Soldato
That isn't fair. OcUK can't be held responsible for a bad employee at a completely different company, even if it isn't some bizarre mistake.

Agree. If that's the case Amazon better start using plain tape. Plus the sender address is on DPD label. It's a kneejerk comment with little thought behind it.

Associate
Just received a Zotac Airo extreme 4090 which I bought to replace my 4090 aorus Master that died. What a nightmare it was to fit it into my Haf 700 evo case as for such a giant case and I couldn’t even fit it in horizontally without excessively bending the adaptor cable which I didn’t think was a good idea to do. Mounted it vertically in the end so that the Nvidia adaptor cable is nice and straight but the adaptor gets in the way visually which is not great but it will do until I can get an atx 3.0 PSU with a right angle connector. Just ran a quick ac vahalla benchmark and there is minimal difference between the Zotac and Gigabyte Aorus card but the Zotac card worked out £390 cheaper in the end so that’s a positive result:)

Caporegime
I spoke to the courier company and even they admitted that it was scanned as delivered quite some distance from my address, and amazingly the "person" that received it had the same first name as me.
this is what happens when your courier company basically has the same business model as ubereats and it's randomers turning up for a shift rather than contracted employees like it used to be.

DPD is the new Yodel

Soldato
Sorry to hear, let us know how it goes. Sure you’ll be okay. Do you have any proof you didn’t sign for it?
All I have from the couriers app is photo of someone elses open front door and feet, with no sign of the parcel.
They’re supposed to photo the parcel in the doorway.
I may walk up to the village and see if I can identify the house in the photo.

Caporegime
I have the same thought with Lovehoney tape!
I thought they were supposed to be discreet? used them years ago and it was just a plain box
I may walk up to the village and see if I can identify the house in the photo.
probably the guys own house.

tell them you would have photograph the employee with the parcel but it wasn't possible since he never came to your house.

Last edited:
Soldato
Definitely worth putting power consumption to 80%. Lost 4fps and saved myself 80w in a demanding scenario (Control Native 4k Max RT settings).
Doesn't mean that'll be the case in all games. Those that are more memory bandwidth limited will fare better with reduced power than those that are more computationally limited.

Soldato
this is what happens when your courier company basically has the same business model as ubereats and it's randomers turning up for a shift rather than contracted employees like it used to be.

DPD is the new Yodel

I can't believe how bad DPD have become. They used to be pretty good, but now are absolutely terrible.

Caporegime
I can't believe how bad DPD have become. They used to be pretty good, but now are absolutely terrible.
yea they built up a reputation then cashed in on it once all the etailers were using them...

I refuse to order from anywhere that forces DPD on me, they don't even try to deliver to mine, they just take a photo from the van and drive off because gaining access to an apartment block even when you pay for before 10am or whatever is too much trouble...

it's not like someone is going to pay for an early service and then not be at home is it.

The last time I phoned up straight away and was told the driver wasn't answering his phone so they couldn't get him to come back... bet he didn't even get a warning or anything... probably business as usual

Back
Top Bottom