• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
let me know how it goes mate, I've asked for a refund in my RMA but if you get a good one I might buy it again as I do really like this card.

Sadly I can't as it seems the courier has stolen it.
I spoke to the courier company and even they admitted that it was scanned as delivered quite some distance from my address, and amazingly the "person" that received it had the same first name as me.
Trying to sort this out should be fun.

Right, so where to begin.
The long and short of it was I spent ages in webchat with the courier yesterday and today and got absolutely nowhere, but they did admit the above and have promised this that and the other, but have basically washed thier hands of it.
Now, they have zero proof of delivery and i'm sure I could get another card from the supplier if I was dishonest, but at 18:30 a nieghbour who lives a 1/4 mile away (it's a rural area) knocked on my door with my package in hand!
His wife had taken it in and he didn't get back home until this afternoon and realised it wasn't addressed to him.

So apart from the TLDR @cHk4 the fans are at exactly the same noise level as before, so I i'll call it a "feature" of the card.
Do I like it , no, but I had a quick bench mark with 3Dmark Speedway and got 10601 which is higher than my last Airo.
I'll learn to live with it :)

Soldato
The long and short of it was I spent ages in webchat with the courier yesterday and today and got absolutely nowhere, but they did admit the above and have promised this that and the other, but have basically washed thier hands of it.
Now, they have zero proof of delivery and i'm sure I could get another card from the supplier if I was dishonest, but at 18:30 a nieghbour who lives a 1/4 mile away (it's a rural area) knocked on my door with my package in hand!
His wife had taken it in and he didn't get back home until this afternoon and realised it wasn't addressed to him.

So apart from the TLDR @cHk4 the fans are at exactly the same noise level as before, so I i'll call it a "feature" of the card.
Do I like it , no, but I had a quick bench mark with 3Dmark Speedway and got 10601 which is higher than my last Airo.
Mate I’m made up for you I really am, glad there was a happy ending especially as you’re getting a better benchmark!

Gah I don’t know what to do now, do I keep it, swap it for another AIRO or get a refund and play coil whine lotto.

Associate

I'm over the moon for you mate, nice one. Couple of years ago I returned a £2200 laptop, a few days after I received an email from the etailor basically saying they'd received the laptop box but it had no laptop inside of it. 3 weeks of nonstop back and forth, research, contacting police, and untold stress and worry, eventually ended with a full refund, but the fight to try to get it back pretty much turned into a full time job. So yeah, made up for you mate, as I know first hand the hassle and stress in trying to get your money back under those circumstances entails.

Associate
So done some testing in warzone:

177FPS when inside the plane
165-170 when parachuting
155-175 when running and engaging in fights

Enabled DLSS and it added maybe 20-25 to those results depending on where on the map I was.

Playing with a 5950x and 64GB of memory on a 32” UHD GSYNC HDR monitor.

Forgot to mention, no coil whine and very quiet fans. :)
Assuming that's 4K FPS :) nice! I'm so tempted.

Soldato
I am not sure whether to be amazed or horrified at ebay. Is it the buyers or the sellers who are stupid? There are cards available for immediate delivery from reputable outlets that are hundreds of pounds cheaper than the cheapest on ebay AND (there's more!) the buyer gets a guarantee.

Soldato
I am not sure whether to be amazed or horrified at ebay. Is it the buyers or the sellers who are stupid? There are cards available for immediate delivery from reputable outlets that are hundreds of pounds cheaper than the cheapest on ebay AND (there's more!) the buyer gets a guarantee.
Probably both tbh, people who have severe fomo who are preyed up on by people who are opportunists.

Soldato
Probably both tbh, people who have severe fomo who are preyed up on by people who are opportunists.

Mind you, I have noticed before that ebay shoppers are lazy. They automatically assume that any product will be cheaper, or in some cases immediately available, and the don't bother to check anywhere else. You'd think that spending close on £2000 they would think to use google before they hit that "buy it now" button but apparently they don't.

Soldato
Mind you, I have noticed before that ebay shoppers are lazy. They automatically assume that any product will be cheaper, or in some cases immediately available, and the don't bother to check anywhere else. You'd think that spending close on £2000 they would think to use google before they hit that "buy it now" button but apparently they don't.
I suppose this is true, judging by how many people who got caught out with the "picture only" scams lol.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
uk ebay has been this way for years its seems, so many people paying over rrp on all sorts of stuff. i think its just the "im winning" thought that gets louder and louder in peoples heads when bidding.

Back
Top Bottom