• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
From what I understand, after watching a YouTube video on this, you're better off not under volting unless you don't mind giving up performance.
In the past an undervolt would allow the core to run cooler, and so boost higher clocks, win win. But I don't think the 4090 works like that. From an energy point of view it's a lot more efficient than the 30 series, so watt for watt you are getting more performance.

Some people here have lowered the power limit to 80 or something, but mine is left at stock and it's quite amazing how many frames it can pump out while using less wattage than my 3090.

Associate
Right, so where to begin.
The long and short of it was I spent ages in webchat with the courier yesterday and today and got absolutely nowhere, but they did admit the above and have promised this that and the other, but have basically washed thier hands of it.
Now, they have zero proof of delivery and i'm sure I could get another card from the supplier if I was dishonest, but at 18:30 a nieghbour who lives a 1/4 mile away (it's a rural area) knocked on my door with my package in hand!
His wife had taken it in and he didn't get back home until this afternoon and realised it wasn't addressed to him.

So apart from the TLDR @cHk4 the fans are at exactly the same noise level as before, so I i'll call it a "feature" of the card.
Do I like it , no, but I had a quick bench mark with 3Dmark Speedway and got 10601 which is higher than my last Airo.
I'll learn to live with it :)
Good to hear all was well in the end :D , luckily you don't have neighbours like this :cry:

Soldato
From what I understand, after watching a YouTube video on this, you're better off not under volting unless you don't mind giving up performance.
In the past an undervolt would allow the core to run cooler, and so boost higher clocks, win win. But I don't think the 4090 works like that. From an energy point of view it's a lot more efficient than the 30 series, so watt for watt you are getting more performance.

Some people here have lowered the power limit to 80 or something, but mine is left at stock and it's quite amazing how many frames it can pump out while using less wattage than my 3090.

Yeah i just put rust on and i thought my 4090 was broke as it was running very cool and with lower watt usage than my 3090!

Caporegime
Right, so where to begin.
The long and short of it was I spent ages in webchat with the courier yesterday and today and got absolutely nowhere, but they did admit the above and have promised this that and the other, but have basically washed thier hands of it.
Now, they have zero proof of delivery and i'm sure I could get another card from the supplier if I was dishonest, but at 18:30 a nieghbour who lives a 1/4 mile away (it's a rural area) knocked on my door with my package in hand!
His wife had taken it in and he didn't get back home until this afternoon and realised it wasn't addressed to him.

So apart from the TLDR @cHk4 the fans are at exactly the same noise level as before, so I i'll call it a "feature" of the card.
Do I like it , no, but I had a quick bench mark with 3Dmark Speedway and got 10601 which is higher than my last Airo.
I'll learn to live with it :)
Fair play to that neighbour.

Associate
What kind of undervolt are people going for with these 4090?
I undervolted my 4090 just a tiny bit and I'm getting lower power consumption and better performance according to game benchmarks (tested RDR2). I gained a couple of percentage while maintaing significantly lower temps and power usage.

Right now I'm running 2800MHz@1v and +1400 for the memory. I'm pretty sure you can do much better than that but it's already better than what I had before.

Associate
Still waiting on a waterblock for the 4090 FE :(

Spoke to OcUK and they're unsure on delivery dates, so pulled the plug and went to EK directly. It's been sat in my office for 2 weeks, crying in the corner.

Back
Top Bottom