• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

@Gibbo
Why does it show the 4090 in the benchmarks scoring only 18xxx compared to the 4080s 17xxx in Port Royal (9.33), amongst others?
Very bizzarre video. Rtx 4090s are mid 20ks for port royal easy, not 18k.

Makes it seem like a 4080 is almost a 4090 when it is miles away from it in any GPU limited application.

Last edited:
Was thinking about other companies, maybe their sense pins could be shorter or even longer already. Just hope that if the sense pins are shortened it doesn't cause any power detection issues causing the card not to work or shutdown because the sense pins are too shortened, wonder what the tolerance is on those sense pins, wonder how far they can be shortened before the card thinks nothing is connected.

Such a crappy design.

Last edited:
Haha, I have no idea why I post this stuff. I'm not going to change anyone's mind or make any friends. For what it's worth I'm a tech analyst for a bank and I cover NVDA, AMD, INTC, and TSMC....and I'm pretty sure of the numbers.
We are in a worldwide recession it's time for these companies to take a haircut!

Poor Nvidia! This is just how much it costs to design GPUs this powerful and build them using tiny transistors. Go and have a look at Nvidia's gross margin and its operating margin - it's not changed. It feels like the AIB prices are a bit much but I bet their margins are not much better this generation compared to previous generations...otherwise why woud EVGA pull out of a market that accounts for c.90% of their profit. The retailers are probalby not seeing massive margins either - PC shipments were down almost 20% in Q3 according to Gartner's market research.

it's sad that top end SKUs are out of reach for a lot of folk, but there is little evidence to suggest price gouging.

In truth Nvidia sells its own Founder's Edition models for significantly less than EVGA, But EVGA reportedly loses hundreds of dollars on each RTX cards it sells as it needs to cut prices to remain competitive with Nvidia this is why they left the market, EVGA is a profit greed company

Last edited:
No way, I don't condone it. I remember how bad it was to get a card from legit source on previous launch let alone FE...
Times have changed though now, no one wants Nvidias overpriced rubbish hence why 4080s are still in stock everywhere and easy to buy.

If demand is this bad on a day one GPU launch where last time around every single card sold out in seconds what do you think will happen in a few months?

Back
Top Bottom