• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

So many 4080 cards available… screw you Nvidia!
If this is day one demand just imagine in a few months time how bad things will be for nvidia. can't sell ampere, can't sell ADA, revenue and share prices dropping like stones.

I really hope Nvidia gets what's coming to them and takes a hefty screwing from the consumers for a change.

Lots of 4080s in stock which is great considering it's launch day. Wonder if the prices will edge down over the next few months?
If product doesn't shift they usually do, no doubt black friday deals will help abit.. but just depends how much ocuk and other retailers are willing to take a hit.

We have nearly 1000 cards and they are selling crazy fast. :)

Among the super rich maybe. But those of us who can actually afford one of these but draw a line at about 800 quid this round aren't going to pay those disgraceful prices, Jensen can do one which is ultimately not great for you retailers in the short term.

800 quid was what it should have been, but Jensen primed us all for this with his Moore's Law is dead BS. Ain't a cat in hell's chance I'm paying those prices, I'll be keeping my money in my pocket for now.

I stand corrected but my statement is still applies, all AIB cards will be above 1200. Lets see if AMD can keep their 1st party cards in stock better then NVidia can.

There were a few AIB 6x00 series GPUs that were not much more expensive than the MBA versions. In fact there were a few that were cheaper (6700 XT Fighter was cheaper than the MBA 6700 XT). So while some AIB 6900XTX and XT cards will be more expensive, some will not.

The 6x00 and 7x00 are no longer the el cheap blower fans AMD were foisting on us years back. Their MBA cards are in some cases higher quality than the cheaper AIB cards.

Even with Nvidia 4080 some of the AIB cards are cheaper than the FE versions.

So many 4080 cards available… screw you Nvidia!

Hardly any would have sold in my opinion. No sane person would pay double the cost of a 3080 for the replacement card. Nvidia needs to wake up and see that there is no mining demand left after Ethereum went PoS. They think people are gullible fools.
I reckon AMD could have made some serious sales if they had priced their cards a bit lower but I suspect Nvidia will lower pricing by the time AMD brings enough quantities to market.
It would a be good slap in the face for early adopters if they did drop prices before Christmas though :p.

Last edited:
wasn't there only like 5 available though and then the rest had to get aib ... was a while ago but i remember the release being a **** show much like the 3080 one was :cry:
Yes the AMD own model 6800 xt sold out in approx 1 min. I know, I was F5'ing at launch and actually got one :)

So you play literally no games that don't have Ray Tracing now?
All games I played so far over past 2 years had it in some form. Cyberpunk, Dying Light 2, Far Cry 6, RE Village, Metro Exodus, Crysis remastered trilogy amongst others. Plague Tale, Elden Ring and Spiderman are next. Witcher remaster will also have it.

Last edited:
My feeling is that the market will cool quite quickly beyond the launch period/Christmas. Especially now that AMD are providing meaningful (and quite excellent) direct competition. Having the 4080 FE twice the price of its predecessor is crazy. Of course a price rise would have been expected/warranted, but this is an insult from NVIDIA.

My feeling is that the market will cool quite quickly beyond the launch period/Christmas. Especially now that AMD are providing meaningful (and quite excellent) direct competition. Having the 4080 FE twice the price of its predecessor is crazy. Of course a price rise would have been expected/warranted, but this is an insult from NVIDIA.

This is my thinking too, but I'm also prepared to be surprised. Boris Johnson becoming the actual leader of the country taught me that.

Poor Nvidia! This is just how much it costs to design GPUs this powerful and build them using tiny transistors. Go and have a look at Nvidia's gross margin and its operating margin - it's not changed. It feels like the AIB prices are a bit much but I bet their margins are not much better this generation compared to previous generations...otherwise why woud EVGA pull out of a market that accounts for c.90% of their profit. The retailers are probalby not seeing massive margins either - PC shipments were down almost 20% in Q3 according to Gartner's market research.

it's sad that top end SKUs are out of reach for a lot of folk, but there is little evidence to suggest price gouging.

Haha, I have no idea why I post this stuff. I'm not going to change anyone's mind or make any friends. For what it's worth I'm a tech analyst for a bank and I cover NVDA, AMD, INTC, and TSMC....and I'm pretty sure of the numbers.

Among the super rich maybe. But those of us who can actually afford one of these but draw a line at about 800 quid this round aren't going to pay those disgraceful prices, Jensen can do one which is ultimately not great for you retailers in the short term.

800 quid was what it should have been, but Jensen primed us all for this with his Moore's Law is dead BS. Ain't a cat in hell's chance I'm paying those prices, I'll be keeping my money in my pocket for now.

Judging by ebay there are still a lot of scalpers hoping to cash in, and there are also some hysterical types who just have more money than sense - or in other words the types who always buy the latest tech and haven't bothered to check the reviews or just don't care.
I don't think the first weeks will be any judge at all, we have to wait and see what happens in a few months time, when the scalpers realise they aren't making money on this and the hysteria burns itself out.

In passing, I note that two years down the line and still NOTHING has been done to stop scalping, other than pre-scalping. Well done guys. You are bleeding the market to death.

Back
Top Bottom