• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
Well guys I think my previous temperature concerns may have been a little inflated. The problem was that for some reason "Enable low level driver" was not enabled in MSI Afterburner, so temp readings were 5-10c higher than they should have been and when I enabled the low level driver it corrected that and it now idles at around 49c with the fan profile I have set.

Below you can see what my temps now look like at stock OC speeds after a run of TWW3 battle benchmark (it is a torture test and maxes out a GPU hard at 4k Ultra). Max stats it reached during the benchmark are on the left and you can see which stat is being recorded on the right.

Does this look more reasonable now considering it boosts all the way to 2775mhz? :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well guys I think my previous temperature concerns may have been a little inflated. The problem was that for some reason "Enable low level driver" was not enabled in MSI Afterburner, so temp readings were 5-10c higher than they should have been and when I enabled the low level driver it corrected that and it now idles at around 49c with the fan profile I have set.

Below you can see what my temps now look like at stock OC speeds after a run of TWW3 battle benchmark (it is a torture test and maxes out a GPU hard at 4k Ultra). Max stats it reached during the benchmark are on the left and you can see which stat is being recorded on the right.

Does this look more reasonable now considering it boosts all the way to 2775mhz? :)
Ok the store are sending me a new replacement card so lets see how that one turns out! At least I will have chance to test them side by side and see if there really is a difference and problem with my first one. :)

Associate
the 4070 ti thread got locked..
i think i can continue the discussion here..
i sampled frame gen on msfs and it felt smoother though its not the kind of game i generally play.. and i dont have sim gear

i also came across an article on forbes that explicitly recommends 4070 ti on the basis of dlss3 and dlss frame gen
"In addition to sitiuations where it was faster at standard settings, DLSS and especially DLSS 3.0 with frame generation can offer a huge boost to performance - again not all games support it but Flight Simulator fans need look no further than the RTX 4070 Ti for the most affordable GPU to tap into the power of DLSS 3.0."

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok the store are sending me a new replacement card so lets see how that one turns out! At least I will have chance to test them side by side and see if there really is a difference and problem with my first one. :)

But you said in the post before that there wasn't an issue? You also said that Warhammer was the reason the card was hot but I tried it and I couldn't get similar results although we do have different cards.

Also totally different cases etc etc.

Last edited:
Associate
How does the 4070ti compare to the 3080(10gb) in 3440x1440

I was trying to figure out between the 4070ti and the 7900xt but unsure as to what is best... I know prices are crap but DLSS 3 is swaying me towards the Ti.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Didn't Nexus state that "at least nVidia show what their setup was for their benchmarks"? :D

That was the case for the 4090/4080 show vs rdna 3 show, obviously doesn't apply to the 4070ti but hey as per usual, lets take things out of context, the only thing forum armchair experts are good at on here along with their one liner comments :cry:

But in all seriousness, their 4070ti announcement/reveal was poor in that regard, it's pretty obvious given the games they showed is taking into account FG/dlss 3, which as shown by DF, TPU, Daniel Owen and even Tim in their most recent video, is proving to be a valuable feature set to have but still misleading their slides, heck was even as bad as AMDs RDNA 3 where they didn't show what the test rig was, probably even pulled the same shenanigans as amd where they used a weaker cpu, ram for the rdna 2 system :cry:

How does the 4070ti compare to the 3080(10gb) in 3440x1440

I was trying to figure out between the 4070ti and the 7900xt but unsure as to what is best... I know prices are crap but DLSS 3 is swaying me towards the Ti.

Don't bother with either especially rdna 3, issues galore, just check the rdna 3 thread on here to see people who have had it and returned it for the 4080.

Only gpus worthwhile would be a 4080 or 4090, especially if you care for RT, 7900xt is only matching a 3080 overall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom