• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
I'm thinking if you can get hold of a 4080fe - hopefully more RAM, hopefully for £800/850- sell the 3080fe for £650 or near to, to the can't waits/I've waited long enough. job done. Or too optimistic?
With the way the current gpu market is looking including the second hand market, you'll be lucky to get MSRP value for your 3080 now.

The 3090(ti) is going to take a massive hit if a 4060/4070 matches/beats it, as was the case with the 2080ti and 3070 :cry: So a 3080 will also take a hit, just nowhere as much.

Who knows, maybe supply will be crap again though which will keep the second hand market prices up....

Soldato
With the way the current gpu market is looking including the second hand market, you'll be lucky to get MSRP value for your 3080 now.

The 3090(ti) is going to take a massive hit if a 4060/4070 matches/beats it, as was the case with the 2080ti and 3070 :cry: So a 3080 will also take a hit, just nowhere as much.

Who knows, maybe supply will be crap again though which will keep the second hand market prices up....
If? Nvidia will actively reduce stock to keep prices up. It's been that way for a while now and it nets them the most money so expect the second hand market to stay high for the 30xx series of cards.

Soldato

I mean look what happened around the 3080 launch... i think if a 4080 is hard to get - ie having to be on discord/telegram 24/7 to get one, then I think 2nd hand 3080 prices will be OK. If not I'll just hang on to my 3080fe, it should get even better when Direct Storage and mesh shaders finally start being used

Soldato
I mean look what happened around the 3080 launch... i think if a 4080 is hard to get - ie having to be on discord/telegram 24/7 to get one, then I think 2nd hand 3080 prices will be OK. If not I'll just hang on to my 3080fe, it should get even better when Direct Storage and mesh shaders finally start being used

my thoughts we dont have the mining boom like we did and more people now have cards already not everyone will want to upgrade so soon and if they do will have cards hit the used market

Soldato
my thoughts we dont have the mining boom like we did and more people now have cards already not everyone will want to upgrade so soon and if they do will have cards hit the used market

On a side note, i have a fixed electricity bill till September - if i could get a 4080 and mine like dwarf on speed is crypto still a goer?

Soldato
My 3080 (got at launch) is still not struggling with any games I play so I might skip the 4000 series like I skipped the 2000 series
Yup, it's only the hardware nutters who upgrade every gen.

I upgrade cause I'm generally always using a screen that the gpu can't drive so there is a reason to. If I games were running maxed out including RT at my refresh rate now then I would not upgrade either, there is no upside but I'm able to get better use of my screens everytime so it's ok for me and since I'll have a 4k 240hz screen soon that's going to continue as next gen GPU will not be able to max out that screen too so I'll need to upgrade again

Soldato
I would love that, but it sounds too good to be true
Too good? Nah, because you could mine during down-time and essentially get a free PC upgrade as a result (plus your leccy bill paid). This is actually an L overall but yeah, GPU mining isn't coming back now with the Ethereum transition almost complete.

Back
Top Bottom