• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Is anyone else interested/slightly excited in these releases purely to collapse the decision space?

I need a card, but have no expectation or hope that I'm actually going to manage to buy anything this gen. So I'm almost watching to validate that decision?

Associate
Don't get that at all on the 4080 yet I did with my XTX. Weird.
And I don't get it on my XT but I do get it on my work XPS15 laptop running a 4060.

If anything it sounds like a YouTube / Chrome thing vs. an AMD/Nvidia thing. I wonder if the same thing happens with the Intel GPU's, we could ask the 4 people who bought one to see.

Soldato
Yup...... Shadowplay is complete garbage, temperamental buggy pile of _____!

Checkerboard artefacts with Youtube in Chrome..... Nvidia have no idea how to fix it, or they can't be bothered....

Shadowplay has been a problem for some time, Randomly stops recording, Randomly won't start recording, Quality randomly becomes crap. Nvidia need to sort it out. The only other decent alternative is Action by Mirillis on Steam, Costs like 5 quid but very much worth it with updates quite often.

Last edited:
Soldato
What a flop

"It seems that what matters more for performance scaling is the L2 cache size and not the VRAM bus width. Unfortunately NVIDIA did limit the 4070 Ti Super to 48 MB L2 cache, while the RTX 4080 gets the full 64 MB."

Techpowerup.

So what, 5% performance increase? Same price, Ha Ha Ha.

Kitguru - what a ***********.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Associate
KobPlU0.jpg

Very thin gruel.

Back
Top Bottom