• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
[meme]congrats, happy for you, nice[/meme]
Here, posted it for you lol
7a1l4n.png

Now it just depends on when the 5090 is launching, for how much and with how much performance. Hopefully there's no envy/FOMO upon 5000 series release from the late 4090 buyers.

Soldato
As an avid user and poster in this echo chamber, I speak for everyone, but mostly myself, when I say IDGAF about entry level gamers, IDGAF about 1080p gaming and IDGAF about 3060's
You should care because it’s those gamers that dictate how far devs are willing to push the graphics on games.

Back when the 1080ti was top a 1060 was around half the performance but today a 4060 is only around a quarter of a 4090 performance.

Associate
You should care because it’s those gamers that dictate how far devs are willing to push the graphics on games.

Back when the 1080ti was top a 1060 was around half the performance but today a 4060 is only around a quarter of a 4090 performance.
I actually disagree, devs care for money.

The only time devs ever care to go beyond such as crysis was PR, they gave no care what hardware was out.

But guess what, it didn't sell well nor did a lot of tech ware at the moment.

Alan Wake 2 has not sold well either, though I like the game.

The PS5 is considered by many devs the lead platform to make games for.

Associate
The PS5 is considered by many devs the lead platform to make games for.
Agree completely. And literally every publisher or dev comment I've read in recent times is about how insane development costs have become, hence the need to multi-plat, even for Sony.

Based on the DF like-for-like with a PS5 showing a 2-3 times speed up for a 4070 Super, I've just grabbed a reference card. Should arrive in a couple of hours.

Will do me fine for 1440p (my monitor res) until the next console generation in late 2027/28. Was going to hold out, but the 1080Ti was beginning to show its age in modern titles. I normally keep my graphics cards for 5 years, and they've always served me well in that sort of timespan. The 4070 Super will do me just fine.

Soldato
Now it just depends on when the 5090 is launching, for how much and with how much performance. Hopefully there's no envy/FOMO upon 5000 series release from the late 4090 buyers.

Earliest will be October so still 6-7 months away. For me personally though the 4090 will be my last Nvidia card. I need to start putting money into things for my future, Not just things that put images on a screen :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Earliest will be October so still 6-7 months away. For me personally though the 4090 will be my last Nvidia card. I need to start putting money into things for my future, Not just things that put images on a screen :D
You're at it, as soon as the 5090 drops and wets your whistle...irresistibleness....BOOM, bought!

Soldato
What he is saying is now he finally has a female companion to do that, so no need for a top end GPU :p

This, Plus money has to go towards important things from now on, Can't really build a future with a family if I'm playing video games.

I'll still keep an eye on stuff though and likely slowly transition to lower end hardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Associate
And back on topic..

So, my 4070 Super has just arrived and I'm all up and running. First new card in 5.5 years. I'm feeling brave and would like to play around with that Unreal Matrix Awakens demo. Anyone know of a reliable download for a pre-built exe now Epic is no longer offering it? I can see a few builds based off newer Unreal Engine releases, but obviously don't want to download anything dodgy. Any kosha links?

Soldato
And back on topic..

So, my 4070 Super has just arrived and I'm all up and running. First new card in 5.5 years. I'm feeling brave and would like to play around with that Unreal Matrix Awakens demo. Anyone know of a reliable download for a pre-built exe now Epic is no longer offering it? I can see a few builds based off newer Unreal Engine releases, but obviously don't want to download anything dodgy. Any kosha links?

Not likely, Best you'll be able to do is download UE5 and then download the Matrix city asset and load into it.

Nevermind found one, I downloaded this last year - https://mega.nz/folder/axN0RTZI#JUVH0QkwaGZOKCp-rMOGgQ

Not sure if this is the one with DLSS though.

Last edited:
Associate
I am on a 3070 and looking as this card as like the look of it too and i game on 1440p not 4k , does anyone have one if so how will does it run please ?

Asus GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER ProArt OC 16GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card​

Soldato
I am on a 3070 and looking as this card as like the look of it too and i game on 1440p not 4k , does anyone have one if so how will does it run please ?

Asus GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER ProArt OC 16GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card​

Around £100 more gets you a 4080 Super.

Back
Top Bottom