• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 5000 series rumoured release is 2025

Associate
I wont lie, I will find it hilarious if the entire AMD "not releasing high end cards" is down to the chiplet design and they just make a large chiplet die which destroys the 4090 while technically true it's not a large die the combined chips would ecipse what we already have, the Zen of GPUs.

Though this is AMD so even if they did do it, they would shoot themselves in the foot and make is so it's 5% slower than the 4090 lol.

Soldato
If you think the same issues are not on consoles you're in for a massive surprise

Your best bet is quitting video gaming and just play other games, like card games, board games or maybe some football or rugby

Better yet start leading a health and fitness lifestyle. I've been leading a natural body building lifestyle for a fair few years and in the last year moved from training 4 days per week to 6 days per week, It's a much better payoff than giving your money to some game company and staring at a screen for multiple hours per day.

Last edited:
Associate
AMD seem to have a funny idea of 'matching' Nvidia when it comes to software, for instance when they think that FSR is 'just as good' as DLSS....

Little cliched but they really do come across as the Poundland version of Nvidia sometimes.
Totally agree. They would need to invest heavily in R&D or partner/buy someone in a market leadership position. No idea who that would be...

Associate
I wont lie, I will find it hilarious if the entire AMD "not releasing high end cards" is down to the chiplet design and they just make a large chiplet die which destroys the 4090 while technically true it's not a large die the combined chips would ecipse what we already have, the Zen of GPUs.

Though this is AMD so even if they did do it, they would shoot themselves in the foot and make is so it's 5% slower than the 4090 lol.
It probably is in the first gen MCM design. You've got to manage risk, and going with a 750mm2 die like AD102 plus an active interposer would be pretty wild.

It'll be really interesting to see if they try to take it to NV and release a product with GCD right up on the reticle limit, MCDs galore, etc. that should take the raster crown.

Soldato
It probably is in the first gen MCM design. You've got to manage risk, and going with a 750mm2 die like AD102 plus an active interposer would be pretty wild.

It'll be really interesting to see if they try to take it to NV and release a product with GCD right up on the reticle limit, MCDs galore, etc. that should take the raster crown.
The problem is that if AMD got close or even slightly beat a 4090 in raster then they would have just priced it within 10-15% and whose going to buy a card with similar raster to a 4090 but much worse RT and no DLSS for £1400.

Associate
The problem is that if AMD got close or even slightly beat a 4090 in raster then they would have just priced it within 10-15% and whose going to buy a card with similar raster to a 4090 but much worse RT and no DLSS for £1400.
AMD really are terrible at pricing, in some cases they do take into consideration their position but they are completely ignorant to the marketing perception of their products.

In all honesty they need a generation with a Ryzen launch approach to be reasonably competitive but massively undercut they done this with Ryzen gen 1 and now look where they are out selling Intel while being the same price have good customer perception on their products sure it does help that it's now the better product but for thr first couple of gens they weren't.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
AMD seem to have a funny idea of 'matching' Nvidia when it comes to software, for instance when they think that FSR is 'just as good' as DLSS....

Little cliched but they really do come across as the Poundland version of Nvidia sometimes.

Agreed. Then they got the cheek to say they are a premium brand.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Agreed. The they got the cheek to say they are a premium brand.

I think HUB summed it up very well, basically you go through a checklist to decide that you definitely won't be using xyz features and only then do you consider amd to be an option for you:

I'm just hoping nvidia push the hardware front or/and can further improve dlss and especially frame gen (more to be usable at <60 fps). Like I always said, I don't care how thing are done, as long as the end result is good.

Soldato
Better yet start leading a health and fitness lifestyle. I've been leading a natural body building lifestyle for a fair few years and in the last year moved from training 4 days per week to 6 days per week, It's a much better payoff than giving your money to some game company and staring at a screen for multiple hours per day.
You can do both. Personally I can't remember a better time in gaming. An endless amount of options for anything you're in the mood for.

My 3080 which paid itself off many times over with mining plays everything great along with a 5600x that cost peanuts. Hit the gym, take a shower and then play a couple of games with your mates is among the best feelings ever. Try that instead of whining at the forums because you can't max out every single pointless graphics setting.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can do both. Personally I can't remember a better time in gaming. An endless amount of options for anything you're in the mood for.

My 3080 which paid itself off many times over with mining plays everything great along with a 5600x that cost peanuts. Hit the gym, take a shower and then play a couple of games with your mates is among the best feelings ever. Try that instead of whining at the forums because you can't max out every single pointless graphics setting.

I limit my gaming to 1 hour per day, The rest is for important things, Work, Training, Meal prep, Family/friend socializing.

As for no better time in gaming, From my point of view outside of maybe Spiderman 2 or GOW:Ragnarok, The games coming out are either boring, Kind of poo, Half baked, Taking multiple years to patch or they just come out as glorified DLC i.e AC:Mirage.

Last edited:
Soldato
I limit my gaming to 1 hour per day, The rest is for important things, Work, Training, Meal prep, Family/friend socializing.

As for no better time in gaming, From my point of view outside of maybe Spiderman 2 or GOW:Ragnarok, The games coming out are either boring, Kind of poo, Half baked, Taking multiple years to patch or they just come out as glorified DLC i.e AC:Mirage.
I don't think PC gaming is for you to be honest. From the top of my head I've been playing Galactic Civ 4, Baldurs Gate 3, Remnant 2 and Starfield the past few months having a blast.

There are about a thousand games I want to play before I touch something like Spiderman. I was into Spiderman when I was 12 years old.

Soldato
I don't think PC gaming is for you to be honest. From the top of my head I've been playing Galactic Civ 4, Baldurs Gate 3, Remnant 2 and Starfield the past few months having a blast.

There are about a thousand games I want to play before I touch something like Spiderman. I was into Spiderman when I was 12 years old.

I don't think I've seen a more back handed "mean girls" comment on this forum in quite some time :cry:

I've been gaming on PC as a hobby since 2004, Just because I don't like most of the newer games from this year doesn't mean I have to stop PC gaming.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think I've seen a more back handed "mean girls" comment on this forum in quite some time :cry:

I've been gaming on PC as a hobby since 2004, Just because I don't like most of the newer games from this year doesn't mean I have to stop PC gaming.
I'm not sure what you're referring to but PC gaming is not about playing console "AAA" trash. Have a quick look here to get a good idea of what PC gamers are playing https://steamdb.info/.

My best guess is that you're simply not that much interested in gaming anymore because we get more great games than ever before.

Associate
No reason for Nvidia to invest on gaming at the moment. Ada series powerful enough and easy to do refreshes on higher tier dies with more vrams as expected 4070S/4080S soon.

Man of Honour

Chiplet/MCM isn't about reducing the overall size of the chips - it is about using larger areas in a more efficient way than is possible with a monolithic die both performance and not having to chuck out the whole thing if one bit fails in fabrication. In theory a MCM design could be say 1.5x the area of a large monolithic core but 3-4x the performance.

In practise outside of things like AMD have done with moving cache off the main chip to free up more space on the main core, applying a fundamental MCM design to gaming without the same problems as Crossfire and SLI is really really difficult.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure what you're referring to but PC gaming is not about playing console "AAA" trash. Have a quick look here to get a good idea of what PC gamers are playing https://steamdb.info/.

My best guess is that you're simply not that much interested in gaming anymore because we get more great games than ever before.

There's nothing trashy about Spiderman or God of War, Have you actually tried the ports on PC ? They're really good even more so with the increased performance and extra eye candy that PC allows.

PC gaming is about gaming on PC, It's as simple as that but a lot of games coming, Regardless of platform, I find get boring quite quickly, Cyberpunk with the latest ray reconstruction update and expansion back is pretty and fun for bit and AC:Mirage was fun for a few hours but nothing has grabbed my fancy so I mainly stick to what I like, WoW and FFXIV.

Last edited:
Soldato

It possible Nvidia could accelerate consumer Blackwell GPUs launch to end of 2024 instead of 2025.

Upcoming Blackwell RTX 5000 series GPUs upgraded VRAM and speed could look something like below with Micron 24Gb GDDR7 memory modules.

RTX 5050/5060 12GB VRAM 128-bit @ 32 Gbps: 512 GB/s bandwidth
RTX 5070 18GB VRAM 192-bit @ 32 Gbps: 768 GB/s bandwidth
RTX 5080 24GB VRAM 256-bit @ 32 Gbps: 1024 GB/s bandwidth
RTX 5090 30GB VRAM 320-bit @ 32 Gbps: 1280 GB/s bandwidth
RTX 5090 Ti 36GB VRAM 384-bit @ 32 Gbps: 1536 GB/s bandwidth
RTX TITAN 48GB VRAM 512-bit @ 32 Gbps: 2048 GB/s bandwidth

Back
Top Bottom