• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 5000 series rumoured release is 2025

UE5 games run ok on the 4090, its all the other GPUs that have a problem

And do you guys think the 5060 would have 4090 performance? If not then most of 5000 series will still have a problem with ue5
This “MIGHT” save the day:

DLSS 5.0 with “Fantasy/AI frames” where you don’t have to actually control anything as a gamer to appreciate. :D

Last edited:
This “MIGHT” save the day:

DLSS 5.0 with “Fantasy/AI frames” where you don’t have to actually control anything as a gamer to appreciate. :D
I’d really love a “ai frame generation” that works with algorithms to replace all the materials / textures / models with realistic ones.

Imagine being able to play any old games with : “fantasy raytraced filter” / “photorealistic filter” / “pixar filter” etcetc. And no, im not talking about ****** reshades.

Man… hope i can enjoy that in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Robocop is a gem in a pile of ********* but tbh, it's not a great looking game, sure some scenes are very good looking but on the whole, there is very little going on in the game world i.e. lack of npcs, lack of any life whatsoever (at least it has more life to it than FC 6 did :p), it's small and then you have loading when entering any new areas so it's not a surprise, it runs pretty well compared to the other open world UE 5 titles. That and at times, it can even look ps 4, maybe even ps 3 levels of visual fidelity.

One thing this year has taught us though, no gpu is enough without upscaling AND frame gen for high refresh and high res gaming.

Reactions: TNA
sure some scenes are very good looking
Yeah man, some scenes are *stunning*

image.png

That's an entirely static scene which is why it looks what it does. Like if you shot that tree trunk, unlike Crysis, it won't collapse and fall over into pieces for example. Bullet hole decals won't remain in car paintwork, and reflections aren't hardware ray traced either. It's as good as photogrammetry gets, but it's not the interactive experience that UE5 has promoted.

You can't even shoot out shop window glass out on the street or whip out your gun when not actively in combat!

Last edited:
That's an entirely static scene which is why it looks what it does. Like if you shot that tree trunk, unlike Crysis, it won't collapse and fall over into pieces for example. Bullet hole decals won't remain in car paintwork, and reflections aren't hardware ray traced either. It's as good as photogrammetry gets, but it's not the interactive experience that UE5 has promoted.

You can't even shoot out shop window glass out on the street or whip out your gun when not actively in combat!

Exactly.

I would say robocop is like a tech demo i.e. pretty to walk around in but ultimately lacking a lot of things. Had they opened up the world a bit more or/and added more to the current world, we would see the performance crumble i.e. then no gpu is enough without frame gen and upscaling.

These 5000 series cards are going to be in short supply I reckon and cost a lot of money, making the 4000 series look value for money.

AI is big business for Nvidia and it wouldn't make sense for them to purchase top tier, bleeding edge node capacity to produce graphics cards for gamers, when the same nodes can and will be used for AI cards that are 8 times more profitable for them.

Back
Top Bottom