• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
So Jayztwocents already has an EVGA 12 pin modular cable. Wonder if the PSU companies will start bundling these in or will they always be an add on order? I need a new PSU but now got to consider which PSUs the cable will be available for.
He also said the EVGA one will fit any EVGA power supply no matter what the wattage is, which is good.

Associate
As an aside I'm of the opinion that talk about VRAM is a challenge to developers, how efficient can you make things? Definitely you could do at least 1440p with 2096px textures, and likely higher.
Distanced based geometry is similar, yet at least 20 in use?

Last edited:
Soldato
By the way, Jay from Jay2Cents said that the inside of the box for the founders edition smells like Jensen's leather jacket.

Another interesting quote from a tech tuber: On the announcement livestream, Joker from Joker Productions actually said "just announce the 3090 already so I can bend over and you can stick it right up my ass"

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

As an aside I'm of the opinion that talk about VRAM is a challenge to developers, how efficient can you make things? Definitely you could do at least 1440p with 2096px textures, and likely higher.
Distanced based geometry is similar, yet at least 20 in use?
You don’t try making things efficient by offering more VRAM though? I believe there’s a lot to be said for the bloat that some games use... having more is going to lead to laziness.

Soldato
By the way, Jay from Jay2Cents said that the inside of the box for the founders edition smells like Jensen's leather jacket.

Another interesting quote from a tech tuber: On the announcement livestream, Joker from Joker Productions actually said "just announce the 3090 already so I can bend over and you can stick it right up my ass"

Would be hilarious if someone at NV actually came out and said yep we did that on purpose we wanted it to smell that way....

Soldato
EhliV4pWsAAtpyd
EVGA FTW3 & XC3 pictured

Soldato
Anyone got the link to the EVGA 12 pin power connector? Saw it in the jayz2 video but i can't see any info on it on their website... or when it will be available?

Soldato
Anyone got the link to the EVGA 12 pin power connector? Saw it in the jayz2 video but i can't see any info on it on their website... or when it will be available?
well those evga cards just pictured have 2x8 and 3x8 so a 12 pin ain't gonna do ya no good hmm hmm. (sry I'm listening to Aretha & Otis...)

Soldato
You don’t try making things efficient by offering more VRAM though? I believe there’s a lot to be said for the bloat that some games use... having more is going to lead to laziness.
Not nearly enough for it to be excessive in the first place. Not sure efficiency will ever really factor into game development given limited funds & time & high demands. But no reason to kid ourselves, we'll just get the console versions, same as always, with the bare minimum of settings changes for PC. "Luckily" it looks like the Series S will hold things back quite a bit still.

Back
Top Bottom