• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
Hmm, nvidia are bound to be comparing it to their FE though which would be running at lower clocks than something like a strix.

doubt there was little in it between an fe at stock and a strix at stock. Clearly something dodgy going on there. If the 3080 doesn’t Overclockers well looks like a good oc 2080ti still beats it in doom. That’s disappointing if true

Soldato
Anyone got the link to the EVGA 12 pin power connector? Saw it in the jayz2 video but i can't see any info on it on their website... or when it will be available?
It looked a bit custom/prototype to me, rather than a mass-produced ready to ship item. There is a thread on the EVGA forums, but no info.

Interesting that the card in the FE box states that use of a third party cable may invalidate your warranty.

Caporegime
It looked a bit custom/prototype to me, rather than a mass-produced ready to ship item. There is a thread on the EVGA forums, but no info.

Interesting that the card in the FE box states that use of a third party cable may invalidate your warranty.

I don’t blame them as lots of people will be making these extensions and easy to get the pins wrong and blow up your gfx card

Associate
This guy speaks a lot of sense and I'm sure Nvidia is desperate to take down his channel lol.

The 3080 is basically a 2080ti with the power unlocked. It all makes sense, there's no improvement to rasterization whatsoever, basically if you care about RT get the 3080 otherwise and his words not mine if your dumb enough to sell a 2080ti buy it from them at a quarter of the price lol.

It's basically a rebrand of the 2080ti with faster RT and the power draw increased,and we all know how many RT titles there are available lol.

Not quite the next gen Jensen and his leather jacket would like everyone to believe.

https://youtu.be/ADFiy6U2LAg

Associate
In the literal sense not even close to true there are a lot of architecture changes from Turing to Ampere especially in the shaders.[/QUOTE

What he's basically trying to get across is, ignore the fact it has double the RT cores, let's be honest it's irrelevant now if your playing a game that can't be played at 60fps with RT on, what do you do? You switch that **** off.

Not talking about other ampere improvements he's talking about raw FPS and the fact is he is correct they are exactly the same considering the 3080 is drawing more power, how people can't understand this is quite funny to be honest.

Why do people upgrade in the first place? If like me because your previous GPU is struggling to maintain 60 FPS in said titles you upgrade for performance.

If anyone says to me I'm upgrading because it's got new features I'd say your full of **** tbh, people upgrade for faster performance that's the bottom line.

Soldato
This guy speaks a lot of sense and I'm sure Nvidia is desperate to take down his channel lol.

The 3080 is basically a 2080ti with the power unlocked. It all makes sense, there's no improvement to rasterization whatsoever, basically if you care about RT get the 3080 otherwise and his words not mine if your dumb enough to sell a 2080ti buy it from them at a quarter of the price lol.

It's basically a rebrand of the 2080ti with faster RT and the power draw increased,and we all know how many RT titles there are available lol.

Not quite the next gen Jensen and his leather jacket would like everyone to believe.

https://youtu.be/ADFiy6U2LAg

Sounds like a good plan, sell a 2080Ti, and but it for cheaper, pocketing money, that's not dumb.

The 3080 is completely different from a 2080Ti.

Back
Top Bottom